Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Pierre Flovie] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

pfloydy11
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Pierre Flovie] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello team,

1. @Tanina_Khanuja 
  2. @Recho 
  3. @ktronolone 
  4. @Milly_Tsui 
  5. @aditya_Sharma 
  6. @Parul_Goyal1 

I am back!!! So Let's jump into our second session which will look at Marketo Engage Architecture Design (48%). In this section of the exam, you will be able to test your skills in relation to:

• Gather requirements/needs and recommend a lead management and lifecycle design
  • Review an existing implementation and provide findings
  • Given a business need, identify the different behaviors for scoring
  • Review an existing implementation, recommend actions to scale campaign execution
  • Outline an operational procedure for lead routing multiple countries
  • Given a scenario, evaluate the impact and requirements to incorporate new technology to the instance
  • Identify the different types of integrations and when to use them
  • Given a scenario, outline various stages in the person lifecycle impacted by proposed changes/requirements
  • Appraise a set of requirements and recommend an approach to campaign logic

Here is a little quiz for you guys to test your skills out:

An Administrator wants to pull lifecycle data into a Revenue Explorer program membership analysis, even without an active revenue cycle model. The company wants to identify which programs are driving the lifecycle. Which two components are necessary to view this data in a single display? (Select two.)

1. An approved Revenue Cycle Modeler
  2. A trigger for manual transitions in the Revenue Cycle Modeler
  3. A custom field that is enabled in Revenue Explorer
  4. A custom field that is captured the lifecycle stage
  5. A custom field that contains the first touch program name

An engagement program has not deployed the next new email even though there are people in the stream and the cadence set correctly. what is one possible reason the email has not been launched? 

1. The stream has not been set as activated
  2. The new email has not been activated
  3. All persons in the stream have exhausted their content

An Adobe Marketo Engage Architect needs to create a subscription center featuring a "pause notifications for 30 days" option to discourage people from unsubscribing. When someone fills out the form and chooses this option, Marketing wants to suspend their notifications for 30 days and deduct five points from their lead score. To prevent double processing, records with currently paused notifications should be excluded from the flow. What sequence of steps is necessary to build this program?

1. Remove from Flow (Existing) > Change data value > Change Score > Wait > Change data value
  2. Remove from Flow (Existing) > Change Score > Wait > Change data value > Change data value
  3. Change data value > Remove from Flow (Existing) > Change Score > Wait > Change data value
  4. Change Score > Change data value > Wait > Change data value > Remove from Flow (Existing)
ktronolone
Level 3

Hi Pierre, this first question was a noodle scratcher. I had a tough time visualizing this one because at my company we don't have RCE. 

My answers:

An Administrator wants to pull lifecycle data into a Revenue Explorer program membership analysis, even without an active revenue cycle model. The company wants to identify which programs are driving the lifecycle. Which two components are necessary to view this data in a single display? (Select two.)

An engagement program has not deployed the next new email even though there are people in the stream and the cadence set correctly. what is one possible reason the email has not been launched?

1. The stream has not been set as activated
2. The new email has not been activated
3. All persons in the stream have exhausted their content

An Adobe Marketo Engage Architect needs to create a subscription center featuring a "pause notifications for 30 days" option to discourage people from unsubscribing. When someone fills out the form and chooses this option, Marketing wants to suspend their notifications for 30 days and deduct five points from their lead score. To prevent double processing, records with currently paused notifications should be excluded from the flow. What sequence of steps is necessary to build this program?

1. Remove from Flow (Existing) > Change data value > Change Score > Wait > Change data value
2. Remove from Flow (Existing) > Change Score > Wait > Change data value > Change data value
3. Change data value > Remove from Flow (Existing) > Change Score > Wait > Change data value
4. Change Score > Change data value > Wait > Change data value > Remove from Flow (Existing)

pfloydy11
Level 2

Hey Kat,

Thank you for your answers. Well done you got them all right except a little one which as you mentioned was tricky since you don't have access to RCE.

An Administrator wants to pull lifecycle data into a Revenue Explorer program membership analysis, even without an active revenue cycle model. The company wants to identify which programs are driving the lifecycle. Which two components are necessary to view this data in a single display? (Select two.)

Number 3 is correct and is the most obvious answer here so well done. For answer 5, this is not quite right as first touch will rules out any Multi touch attribution. Your correct answer will be number 4. Since the Revenue Cycle Modeler is not activated. You will need a custom field to listen which program is driving the lifecycle. Overall well done though it was not easy

ktronolone
Level 3

Thank you Pierre! Your feedback here is really helpful for my understanding. We are hoping to have RCE in our next renewal. Fingers crossed 🤞

Milly_Tsui
Level 2

Hi Pierre and fellow aspirants,

Nice to meet you all - I'm a little late to the game as I have been on holiday for the past 3 weeks but excited to learn more with/from this group as I catch up on everything!

My name is Milly, I'm a Marketing Automation Manager at Clio which is a legal managment software company located in Vancouver, Canada. I've used Marketo for the past 5.5 years and am a 2x Marketo Expert. Throughout this time, my role has been more tactical but I'm now starting to work on a variety of different strategic projects so I'm hoping that having the MCSA under my belt will enhance my contributions to these projects. Also, the MCSA just felt like the natural next step to deepen my Marketo knowledge and progress in my career growth!

pfloydy11
Level 2

Hello Milly and welcome to the program. Looks like you are ready to tackle the Adobe Architect exam :). Best of luck and do not hesitate if you have any questions. 

Pierre

pfloydy11
Level 2

Hello team,

1. @Tanina_Khanuja 
  2. @Recho 
  3. @ktronolone 
  4. @Milly_Tsui 
  5. @aditya_Sharma 
  6. @Parul_Goyal1 

For this week, let's look at Reporting and Attribution. 20% of the exam questions will relate to this topics. So let's get into it 🙂

The Reporting and Attribution section of the exam will test your ability to:

The Reporting and Attribution section of the exam will test your ability to:

• Given a model to review, explain the concept of detours in the lifecycle modeler
  • Given an online advertising or organic social or content, recommend an approach for reporting
  • Illustrate how to validate Marketo Engage reporting in tracking lifecycle changes
  • Identify metrics to use in a given report type
  • Identify how to track multi-channel attribution to evaluate ROI
  • Identify and describe the pros and cons of different attribution models
  • Given a business requirement, describe the effects of channel set up to reporting

Now let's test out your skills 🙂

Question 1:

A marketer built an event program and added a forecasted period cost of $25,000 for the month/year the event will take place. the event was yesterday and today the marketer realised that they had additional variable cost above the original forecasted amount and updated the period cost to $30,000 in the adobe Marketo event program the same day. Their CEO wants to know the value in terms of how much the event cost compared to the pipeline and or revenue generated asap. When should the marketer generate a revenue cycle explorer (RCE) report to ensure the true period cost is reflected? 

1. The marketer should wait 24h for the updated period cost to be reflected in RCE
  2. The marketer can generate the report straight away as RCE updates in real time
  3. The marketer should calculate this manually as the updated period cost will not be reflected in RCE

Question 2:

Mike has inherited a new adobe Marketo instance. he is doing some investigation and reporting to understand where all the new leads are coming from. he only wants a high-level view of the lead sources — not a detailed view. He does not want to make any assumptions about the integrity of pre-existing smart campaign logic, etc. He would prefer to use system-managed fields since these are set in a robotic fashion and have no reliance on users. what 2 fields would David use for this purpose? (choose 2) 

1. Acquisition program
  2. Original source type
  3. Registration source type
  4. Person source

Question 3:

An Architect notices that deliverability is slowly decreasing over time. After pulling a year of reports, the Administrator notices that the number of emails per month has increased from 3 to 10. The unsubscribe rates nearly double each quarter. Per the CMO, the amount of marketing activity must remain the same. Which two actions can the Architect take to make sure emails reach people in their database? (Choose two.)

1. Make marketing emails operational so people who have unsubscribed continue to receive communications
  2. Implement communication limits so people receive fewer emails
  3. Work with the marketing team to decrease the number of email sends per month
  4. Create a marketable smart list to include on every send that excludes multiple soft bounces
  5. Decrease behavior scores when someone unsubscribes from an email

ktronolone
Level 3

A new quiz! Great way to start the brain for the week 😁

Question 1:

A marketer built an event program and added a forecasted period cost of $25,000 for the month/year the event will take place. the event was yesterday and today the marketer realised that they had additional variable cost above the original forecasted amount and updated the period cost to $30,000 in the adobe Marketo event program the same day. Their CEO wants to know the value in terms of how much the event cost compared to the pipeline and or revenue generated asap. When should the marketer generate a revenue cycle explorer (RCE) report to ensure the true period cost is reflected? 

1. The marketer should wait 24h for the updated period cost to be reflected in RCE
  2. The marketer can generate the report straight away as RCE updates in real time
  3. The marketer should calculate this manually as the updated period cost will not be reflected in RCE

I chose C because I believe RCE updates overnight so if the CEO wants an answer right away they would need to do a manual calculation of the additional period cost. 

Question 2:

Mike has inherited a new adobe Marketo instance. he is doing some investigation and reporting to understand where all the new leads are coming from. he only wants a high-level view of the lead sources — not a detailed view. He does not want to make any assumptions about the integrity of pre-existing smart campaign logic, etc. He would prefer to use system-managed fields since these are set in a robotic fashion and have no reliance on users. what 2 fields would David use for this purpose? (choose 2) 

1. Acquisition program
  2. Original source type
  3. Registration source type
  4. Person source

Question 3:

An Architect notices that deliverability is slowly decreasing over time. After pulling a year of reports, the Administrator notices that the number of emails per month has increased from 3 to 10. The unsubscribe rates nearly double each quarter. Per the CMO, the amount of marketing activity must remain the same. Which two actions can the Architect take to make sure emails reach people in their database? (Choose two.)

1. Make marketing emails operational so people who have unsubscribed continue to receive communications
  2. Implement communication limits so people receive fewer emails
  3. Work with the marketing team to decrease the number of email sends per month
  4. Create a marketable smart list to include on every send that excludes multiple soft bounces
  5. Decrease behavior scores when someone unsubscribes from an email

pfloydy11
Level 2

Hi @ktronolone and thank you for taking the test. Nice to see you are having a go. So let's look at your answers.

Question 1: this is an example where you have 2 answers that are potentially correct and from your reasoning you have identified this. However, what we would look for is best practice answers. Answer C could be an option but at scale it will not work right. Therefore answer A is correct, Period cost update in RCE or Program Performance report for example will take 24 hrs to show. Sorry Mr CEO you will have to wait 24hrs 🙂

Question 2: 100% correct well done

Question 3: Correct answers are B and C.

D is not an option because soft bounces are emails that are temporarily not available. For example, you could Marketing suspend soft bounce for 1 month and release them then take action is they bounce again. Why option C is correct. Working with Marketers to understand how they segment the audience is quite important. When I see unsubscribe rate has nearly doubled for each quarter. I am thinking records do not receive relevant information and unsubscribe as a result. So it's important to talk to Marketers to understand campaigns target audience and as an solution architect provide solutions on how to best segment your database.

Thank you but overall well done though

ktronolone
Level 3

Thanks Pierre! This is incredibly helpful feedback!