SOLVED

How can I create a lead scoring campaign for multiple site visits in a week?

Go to solution
trevlarrr
Level 3

How can I create a lead scoring campaign for multiple site visits in a week?

I'm trying to set up a smart campaign that will give points to someone who visits the website and then visits again within a 7 day period. Initially I set this up with a trigger of 'Visits web page' containing our domain (but not unsub, comm preference pages etc...) and then in the flow had a 7 day wait and then if they visited the site again it would add the points too them, however, somehow this is already changing the score when they visit multiple pages on the same day (before the 7 day wait period has ended too).

Does anyone have a lead scoring campaign set up for this that works? Or an idea of how to exclude visits in the same day (we have a separate campaign for multiple page views in one day and visits to certain key pages) and to make it wait to see if they visit again on a new day? I can't see a way to use the "Date of Activity" in the trigger to make it wait for 7 days or exclude multiple page views on same day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

Re: How can I create a lead scoring campaign for multiple site visits in a week?

You can apply several approaches. For example, you can stamp the last visit date for the leads and use a custom field Recent Page Visit Date or Last Page Visit Date or anything that resonates with the tracking requirement.

1. Last Page Visit Date Campaign: Trigger is Visits Web Page, apply constraints on pages you are using already (unsub, comm preference pages etc...). Flow is Change Data Value Last Page Visit Date = {{system.date}} or {{system.datetime}}

2. Scoring Campaign for Page Visits: Trigger is Visits Web Page, constraint to exclude pages unsub, comm preference pages etc. The Change Score Flow Step: If Last Page Visit Date is in past 7 days, change Behaviour score to X points.

In case you wish to skip last 24 hours and score activity 7 days before that, use wait step 7days> apply choice in Change Score Flow step if Last Page Visit Date is in past before 1 day then change Behaviour score X points.

If you want to apply a campaign schedule to run every 7 days, wait step can be skipped.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How can I create a lead scoring campaign for multiple site visits in a week?

SanfordWhiteman_0-1719265642404.png

trevlarrr
Level 3

It's already set to run through once every seven days! It's set up with the following:

Smart list - Trigger: When visits web page containing [domain]
Flow - Wait 7 Days > if visits web page containing [domain] add points; otherwise do nothing
Schedule - Each person can flow through once every 7 days

Yet it's adding the points as soon as they visit another page before the 7 day wait has concluded.

SanfordWhiteman

Obviously take out the Wait. That’s causing your confusion.

The only thing you need is for the person to qualify a maximum of every 7 days. They cannot be scored if they don’t qualify.

trevlarrr
Level 3

There needs to be some kind of wait, otherwise it adds the score as soon as they go to another page even if it's in that session, the whole point of the campaign is to only add a score if they make a return visit on a different day in that 7 day period.

SanfordWhiteman

There needs to be some kind of wait, otherwise it adds the score as soon as they go to another page even if it's in that session

Absolutely not!

You do not need to use any Wait steps. It’s getting very frustrating to have this still suggested.

Smart Campaign qualification rules (e.g. once every 7 days) dictate how many times the person is allowed to match the Smart List criteria in a given period. They work in addition to Smart List triggers and filters.

Say the Smart List has trigger “Filled Out Form” and, for completeness, an additional filter “Sector is Optics”. The Flow increases their score by 10. The qualification rules are once every 7 days.

• On January 1st, a new person submits a form with a hidden field Sector set to “Optics”. Their score goes from 0 to 10.
  • On January 3rd, they submit a form with Sector set to “Optics”. They do not qualify for the SC.
  • On January 5th, they  submit a form with Sector set to “Optics”. They do not qualify for the SC.
  • On January 8th, they submit a form with Sector set to “Optics”. They qualify again and their score goes from 10 to 20.

Qualification rules are designed to space out the number of times someone runs through a flow if they would otherwise qualify.

trevlarrr
Level 3

Actually what's frustrating is that your 'solutions' have nothing to do with what the campaign I'm setting up is trying to achieve, which is multiple visits to the site within a seven day period but on separate days in order to get the points, if their next site visit is beyond seven days then they don't get the points and what I'm trying to prevent is adding points when that second recorded visit is within the same session or day.

So the example you posted of form fills and awarding points for a second form fill beyond seven days is entirely irrelevant.

Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

You can apply several approaches. For example, you can stamp the last visit date for the leads and use a custom field Recent Page Visit Date or Last Page Visit Date or anything that resonates with the tracking requirement.

1. Last Page Visit Date Campaign: Trigger is Visits Web Page, apply constraints on pages you are using already (unsub, comm preference pages etc...). Flow is Change Data Value Last Page Visit Date = {{system.date}} or {{system.datetime}}

2. Scoring Campaign for Page Visits: Trigger is Visits Web Page, constraint to exclude pages unsub, comm preference pages etc. The Change Score Flow Step: If Last Page Visit Date is in past 7 days, change Behaviour score to X points.

In case you wish to skip last 24 hours and score activity 7 days before that, use wait step 7days> apply choice in Change Score Flow step if Last Page Visit Date is in past before 1 day then change Behaviour score X points.

If you want to apply a campaign schedule to run every 7 days, wait step can be skipped.

trevlarrr
Level 3

Thanks Ruchi, I will try this and see if this solves the issue.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Not a fan of wait steps at all in this case. @Ruchi_Lapran1 's approach would work, but you can also explore using constraints looking at frequency like this to add a "frequency bonus" to your individual scores:

Katja_Keesom_0-1719466962900.png

The minimum number of times constraint by itself is rather useless, but in combination with the date range constraint it works quite well.