🗣️ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Nehansh Jain (@Nehansh) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Nehansh:

Nehansh Jain.JPG

Marketo Architect with experience in the B2B as well as B2C verticals across industries. Highly experienced with working on OOTB as well as custom integrations, REST API, Velocity Scripting and Cloud Services. Helping global clients optimize their instance as well as business strategies through Marketo and other innovative solutions. Having a knack for swiftly mastering new technologies and platforms, exploring new releases and features. Organization's key contributor to knowledge sharing initiatives and technical demonstrations. With a background in Computer Science Engineering, holding both a degree and diploma, providing a solid foundation for navigating complex Martech implementations.  

Aspirants mapped to @Nehansh 

1. @birbalnegi 
  2. @suanntan 
  3. @MMoseley 
  4. @ncnishant4 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Nehansh, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Nehansh and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

59 REPLIES 59
Nehansh
Level 4

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello @birbalnegi @suanntan @MMoseley @ncnishant4 
Nice to meet you all.
Looking forward to helping you on this journey towards your Marketo Expert Certification. I'd love to hear your motivation for taking this certification. Feel free to drop in a short intro about yourself (location, org/company, your experience with Marketo, etc) in this thread.

Hope to see you guys on the Mentorship Program Kickoff call today.

ncnishant4
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @Nehansh 

I am happy to connect with you.

birbalnegi
Level 2

Hi @Nehansh, nice to meet you and other aspirants. Looking forward to this exciting learning opportunity. I'm based out of Canada and currently work with Dayforce with their Marketing Automation practice.    

suanntan
Level 3

Hello @Nehansh , @birbalnegi , @MMoseley !

It's wonderful to meet you all 🙂 I am posted in Denver, Colorado and work in a local financial institution! I have 3-4 years of Marketo experience and am excited to learn more about how to level up my knowledge and provide key guidance to my team on how to optimize and maximize its use.

MMoseley
Level 2

Hello @birbalnegi @suanntan @ncnishant4 @Nehansh

Nice to meet you all. I'm located in Tempe, Arizona and work at Skillsoft on the Marketing Operations team. I'm excited to be part of this program and get a chance to increase my Marketo skillset.

ncnishant4
Level 2

Hello

Nice to meet you all. I'm located in India,  Working as a senior analyst in WPP and i want learn more in depth.

Nehansh
Level 4

Hi Aspirants, 
It's great get to know all of you. Before we start with this journey below is the set of topics and sections which should be covered for the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) certification exam.

Section 1: Administration and Maintenance (12%)

• Determine mapping process between Marketo and CRM
  • Identify what happened to an asset using the Audit Trail
  • Recognize differences between users and roles
  • Given a scenario, identify the best fit for using workspace and partitions
  • Identify CRM platforms with native Marketo synchronization
  • Given a scenario, locate where information is referenced

Section 2: Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)

• Demonstrate an understanding of Smart Campaigns, logic, constraints and flow steps
  • Given a scenario, define the next step
  • Identify the root cause of a problem
  • Interpret the relationship between programs, channels, tags and period cost
  • Demonstrate/apply the correct configuration to Engagement Programs
  • Give examples of usage for different types of tokens
  • Summarize the utility of Webhooks in Marketo and how they are used
  • Identify and apply the appropriate use of the PMCF
  • Explain the benefits of Global Assets and how to use them
  • Demonstrate the capabilities of forms
  • Perform and analyze an A/B test strategy
  • Identify where a program or asset has been referenced with ‘Used By’
  • Troubleshoot communication limits
  • Use Webinar provider information in an event program

Section 3: Lead Management (12%)

• Outline the key decision points in defining the lifecycle model
  • Apply best practices around lead scoring
  • Implement the appropriate interesting moments
  • Interpret the lead activity log
  • Given a scenario, identify the creation source

Section 4: Data Management (10%)

• Demonstrate how to set up a data management program
  • Analyze an instance’s data quality
  • Identify a few key pieces of Marketo’s data retention policy as it relates to smart lists
  • Summarize how segmentation works

Section 5: Reporting (4%)

• Given an outcome of a campaign, determine how to set up a program to provide the best reporting
  • Given a scenario, be able to investigate and assign the appropriate acquisition program

Section 6: Best Practices (16%)

• Demonstrate the relevance of lead scoring in marketing and sales collaboration
  • Illustrate the benefits of the folder structure and naming conventions
  • Apply best practices around A/B testing
  • Explain the process to perform a quality check on any Marketo program
  • Explain the process to perform a quality check on an email

Don't feel overwhelmed by the topics, we'll be picking one section per week.

As a part of this program, I would highly encourage all of you to interact and engage with me as well as your fellow aspirants in this thread. Your likes and replies are appreciated. Your engagement acts as a key metric and can make you earn up to 100% off Exam Voucher and Adobe Swag!!

@birbalnegi @suanntan @MMoseley @ncnishant4 

Nehansh
Level 4

Hello Aspirants - Happy Friday!
I hope you guys must have already started learning and preparing as per the study guide and the exam description shared in the thread.
For Week 1: your target should be to go through the Section 1 of the Exam Prep guide.

I'd recommend you to start with the study guide and go through the Product docs mentioned. I have always referred the Marketo Product Docs and the community discussions for my certified Expert as well as Master Architect exam; and have always found them to be fruitful. Assuming all of you already have some good background and experience working with Marketo, I would suggest you to not just read but try and implement every concept and topic mentioned from scratch. Think of the use case which can be built around that topic or how has that feature helped you in the past. Personally something which helped me score good in my Marketo Certified Expert exam was playing around and figuring out each and every potential edge case. Most of the MCE exam questions are situation based, there will be very few direct questions. So try to learn by doing. That's all for the pep-talk for the week.

Keep learning and keep asking questions here in the thread. I'll be sharing the Week 1/Section 1 quiz on Monday.

Feel free to drop your queries over the next few days. I'll be closely monitoring this thread and try my best to help resolve them.

@MMoseley @suanntan @ncnishant4 @birbalnegi 

ncnishant4
Level 2

Hi @Nehansh 

When i am clicking on exam prep guide. its showing error.

ncnishant4_0-1717174609791.png