Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Nehansh
Level 4

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Correct!

Nehansh
Level 4

Hi @suanntan @MMoseley @ncnishant14 @birbalnegi 

As we have entered Week 2 of the Mentorship Program, Let's start with the Section 2 of your Exam Prep Guide.

Section 2: Marketing Activities/Campaign Management

• Demonstrate an understanding of Smart Campaigns, logic, constraints, and flow steps
  • Interpret the relationship between programs, channels, tags, and period cost
  • Demonstrate/apply the correct configuration to Engagement Programs
  • Give examples of usage for different types of tokens
  • Summarize the utility of Webhooks in Marketo and how they are used
  • Identify and apply the appropriate use of the PMCF
  • Explain the benefits of Global Assets and how to use them
  • Demonstrate the capabilities of forms
  • Perform and analyze an A/B test strategy
  • Identify where a program or asset has been referenced with β€˜Used By’
  • Troubleshoot communication limits
  • Use Webinar provider information in an event program

I find this section of the exam to be the most crucial yet the easiest one as it tests your hands-on knowledge and experience of performing day to day activities in Marketo. Expect questions where you have been given a situation and you need to find the best option to accomplish it(similar to Q1 of Week 1 quiz) and troubleshooting questions where you are required to find out the root cause of the given issue. Make sure to try and implement stuff related to each topics mentioned above.

Here is a resource which I thought would be helpful for everyone: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/marketo-whisperer-blogs/marketo-new-user-self-guided-learning-path/bc-...

Feel free to drop your queries in the thread. I'll be closely monitoring this thread and try my best to help resolve them.

Make sure to like this post as a sign of acknowledgement.

suanntan
Level 3

Hi @Nehansh , thank you for sharing this week's module. 

When we are determining Period costs, is it standard to also include internal costs associated with creating the program? For instance, copywriting, legal reviews, design, etc., of employees within the company (not external vendors, purchases, etc.)

Nehansh
Level 4

Hi @suanntan,
This is an interesting question. It depends on preference and how the costing is calculated within an organisation.
From my understanding, i would not include internal costs as period cost is more to do with specific cost incurred for that particular program/marketing campaign. e.g. Period cost includes event expenses like: booking slot at a hotel, travelling, food etc. Your Internal costs are cost for the company but not directly cost incurred explicitly for that program. As you asked for the cost of internal employees, we generally do not count that within the period cost.
But if you have a use case and everyone in the organisation is aligned on how to split the costs and make the revenue analytics work, then why not.
Let me know if that makes sense.

Would appreciate if anyone else wants to add their views on this topic. @MMoseley @birbalnegi @ncnishant14 

suanntan
Level 3

Thank you! I agree it depends on what the company would like to report on. I do find that in my organization, we have never had a use case to include external costs (we use a third party for events). Hence, to get a baseline for "cost" per say, we include internal time spent creating the program and email asset.

Just curious what was standard. And yes, would love thoughts and opinions from others

Nehansh
Level 4

Quiz Time
Hi All @MMoseley @suanntan @ncnishant4 @birbalnegi
It's time for our Week 2 quiz. This quiz is there to assess your knowledge on the items covered under Section 2.

Question: A marketer imports 1000 records into a static list (these records do not exist in the database), this static list is used to send emails. But the number of qualified records shows as only 800. Why does the other 200 not show in the qualified audience rather in blocked

1. Email addresses are invalid
  2. Communication Limits exceeded
  3. Durable Unsubscribe
  4. Program status was not changed to success at the time of list import

Additional question: A new webhook was created in Marketo to enrich records, this webhook was then called in an existing nightly smart campaign but the end result was unsuccessful. What issue the user must have faced? How can this be handled in marketo?

Please make sure to respond to this question, your answers can get you up to 100% off Marketo Exam Voucher.
Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread helps increase your chance to be recognised by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag! 

suanntan
Level 3

Question: A marketer imports 1000 records into a static list (these records do not exist in the database), this static list is used to send emails. But the number of qualified records shows as only 800. Why does the other 200 not show in the qualified audience rather in blocked

1. Email addresses are invalid. Other options would be dependent upon Marketo already knowing those records.

Additional question: A new webhook was created in Marketo to enrich records, this webhook was then called in an existing nightly smart campaign but the end result was unsuccessful. What issue the user must have faced? How can this be handled in marketo?

- Since Webhooks can only be used in trigger campaigns, my first assumption is that the existing nightly smart campaign is not a triggered campaign and the flow logics were conflicting with each other. A new triggered campaign will need to be created. 

birbalnegi
Level 2

The webhook functions exclusively with trigger campaigns, so any data enrichment without using trigger campaigns will not be successful.    

MMoseley
Level 2

You said 'existing nightly smart campaign', which would make this a batch campaign and webhooks are only valid in trigger campaigns. This campaign would need to be reconfigured as a trigger campaign for the webhook to function.

Nehansh
Level 4

Hi @suanntan @birbalnegi @MMoseley 
I appreciate you taking time to attempt the quiz. 
All of you have correctly answered the webhook question. Webhooks can only be called in trigger campaigns, thought there is a trick which can be used to run a batch process in turn calling a webhook. Let me know if you guys would like to know more on that.

I wanted to give you guys a taste of how tricky the MCE exam questions can be.
Now coming to Q1, the correct answer is Durable Unsubscribe. Out of the 1000 records, 200 were showing in the blocked rather than the qualified audience that means these 200 records are either unsubscribed, email invalid or marketing suspended. So in context of this question, these records have just been created in marketo and were not present earlier hence the email invalid and marketing suspended is out of the picture. Also Communication Limits is a valid option only if the emails did not get sent upon running the campaign rather than showing in the blocked audience.

When a record is unsubscribed in marketo, Marketo stores that email in a table behind the scenes. Even if the record gets deleted from the database, it stays in that table. Upon creation of a new record if the same email address is present then marketo automatically marks that as unsubscribed.
Activity Log screenshot for your reference:

Nehansh_1-1718208891286.png

Refer to this doc for more details: Durable Unsubscribe | Adobe Marketo Engage