🗣️ [Mentor Natalie Kremer] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Natalie_Kremer
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Natalie Kremer] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@logankardash you're right, these are very similar types of fields in most cases. In the cases of list imports or form fills, both Source Types would be the same. Where it is different is for Anonymous visitor tracking like you called out. Marketo would mark their Original Source Type as Web Page Visit, but they wouldn't actually become a Person record in Marketo until another activity is completed like a form fill or list import. Let me know if this helps clear it up!

smasunda
Level 1

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Natalie Kremer] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @logankardash,

I have had the same question for years lol.  Your understanding is the same as my current understanding.

Original Source Type, Original Source Info
vs
Registration Source Type, Registration Source Info

Original Source is how Marketo first became aware of a person and Registration Source is what drove Marketo to create that person as an actual person record with a Marketo ID in your database. 

The kicker is sometimes Original Source and Registration Source are the same, but other times they are different. 

Not sure if that helps.

Thanks,
Sibbs

Natalie_Kremer

Hi @logankardash, @Jasmine_Deo, @smasunda, @Chelsea_Corbett, @ayanpaul!

Here is your quiz for this week. Please be sure to respond in this thread in order to be considered for the 100% paid certification waiver!

Which of the following is NOT a way to access a Marketo Person record Activity Log?

A) From the Database, you can search in the Quick Find

B) Any Smart List or list

C) Members tab of a program

D) View Campaign Members in a Smart Campaign

E) From Reports tab of a People Performance Report

logankardash
Level 2

Hi @Natalie_Kremer !

My answer for this would be E) From Reports tab of a People Performance Report.

You can access a Marketo Person record Activity Log from all other options and the People Performance Report has the "Group People by" setting that shows the data in an aggregate view by a specific segment or attribute rather than each record individually.

Thanks! 😁

Natalie_Kremer

You're correct - thanks for responding @logankardash!

Natalie_Kremer

Hi @logankardash, @Jasmine_Deo, @smasunda, @Chelsea_Corbett and @ayanpaul! This week we're going to focus on the next two topics as I'll be out next week. Let's dive into Marketing Activities and Lead and Data Management. 

• Marketing Activities/Campaign - 46% of test
  • Lead and Data Management - 22% of test
Next Steps For You
  1. Be sure you're reviewing the Exam Prep Guide and spending time studying each week!
  2. Take the practice test to dial in on areas where you need to study more. 
    1. To take the practice test:
      1. First, log in to the Adobe Credential Management System with your Adobe ID.
      2. Then, go to the Adobe Certification Exam Prep Portal to find your practice test.
  3. Ask your questions in our group here to help you prep for the certification.

What questions do you have about the certification or the test? We can discuss any questions you've run into in our thread here!

logankardash
Level 2

Hi @Natalie_Kremer ! Seems like the prep for me is overall going well and I have been taking a go at the Certification Exam! This question (answer corrected stumped me a bit) and I was wondering if you had any more context as to why the first answer is correct "Email is Delivered and the person filled out form A and not form B"?

I'm confused how someone who filled out Form A and not Form B would still get through this filter? I had assumed that because it was listed as "is not" that not submitting both would have to be true? Any advice for understanding this a bit better? (Question Below)

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 11.45.39 PM.png

Natalie_Kremer

Hi @logankardash! Great question as this is really tricky. Double negative filters in Marketo can introduce a lot of issues which is why a lot of us tend to avoid them.

As you'll see in the screenshot because there is a "Not Filled Out Form" filter and then the filter uses "Form Name is Not" it turns the actual constraint into "any of 2 values" (seen  in the hover pop-up). Due to this, option 1 is correct since the person filled out Form A, but not Form B. Let me know if this makes sense!

logankardash
Level 2

Ah yes! That makes sense! I know the double negatives are hard to wrap my head around! Thank you for the explanation!

Natalie_Kremer

Hi @logankardash, @Jasmine_Deo, @smasunda, @Chelsea_Corbett, @ayanpaul we're down to our final weeks of the mentorship program! Can you all provide a quick status update on your progress?

• How are you coming along with your studying and preparation?
  • What areas do you still need help with?
  • Are there specific resources you need help surfacing? 

This week we'll be diving into the last section of the test - Reporting - which takes up 4% of the test!

This section covers Reporting, Email Insights, Performance Insights, and Advanced BI Analytics Reporting. The Exam Prep Guide goes into each of these areas in more detail. Here are some other helpful reporting links, too!

Let me know how I can help as you get closer to taking the test!