Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Melina Chan] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

mechan
Level 3

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Melina Chan] โ“ List Import Mode

Hello @Harsh-297 

Thanks for your question.

In List Import Mode, choosing Skip new people and updates means you will not impact existing person records or log any activities. Use this mode if you want a quick, pre-filtered static list of existing people for use in your marketing activities. Selecting this mode will:

I would think the use case could be you want to update information of a selected existing list of people that would be quicker if you update via CSV (example from another platform or if you want to do multiple fields). As activity logging will not show say example the phone number was updated to +65 6754321 from 6754321 for an example.

Does this help?

Thanks

Melina

Harsh-297
Level 2

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Melina Chan] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Yes, this helps a lot. Now its very clear.
Thank you @mechan.

mechan
Level 3

๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Melina Chan] ๐Ÿ’Ž Quiz 3

Happy Friday ๐Ÿ˜€

1. @monicabrv 
  2. @cbrigeman 
  3. @Danielle_Hynes 
  4. @akhilamall 
  5. @Harsh-297 

and it's Quiz time โฒ again!

An organization wants to personalize the emails based upon  the 4 types of product interest that was captured when customers were submitting an enquiry form. What is the most efficient way to personalize the emails?
1. Create 4 smart lists for each product interest and set up 4 smart campaigns with 4 different emails for each smart list

2. Create 4 smart list for each product interest and set up 1 smart campaign and use the add choice filter for the 4 different emails

3. Create a segmentation with 4 product interests and 1 default. Set up 1 smart campaign and 1 email using dynamic content for product interest segment

4. Create a segmentation with 3 product interest and 1 default. Set up 1 smart campaign and 1 email using dynamic content for product interest segment

Look forward to your participation! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ

Tags (2)
cbrigeman
Level 1

Hi Melina! I don't have much experience with segmentation, but I'm going to take a chance anyway and guess that the answer is 

3. Create a segmentation with 4 product interests and 1 default. Set up 1 smart campaign and 1 email using dynamic content for product interest segment

mechan
Level 3

๐Ÿ’Ž Quiz 3 - answer

๐Ÿ‘Well done! That is the right answer!!

The basics of segmentation will be tested. And it's most important to note that the segmentation has to be approved before the dynamic content can be used

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/personalization/segmentation-a...

Harsh-297
Level 2

Hi @mechan ,
Apologies for the delay in answer.

The Correct answer would be 3. Create a segmentation with 4 product interests and 1 default. Set up 1 smart campaign and 1 email using dynamic content for product interest segment. 

As Dynamic content takes the Personalization of the email to next step and the segmentation is required for that purpose.

mechan
Level 3

๐Ÿ’Ž Quiz 3 - Answer

Rightly said @Harsh-297  ๐Ÿ‘

I hope you have worked on the segmentation prior, if not this is a good reference for you
https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-blogs/marketo-success-series-segmentation/ba-p/304969

Cheers!

Melina

Harsh-297
Level 2

Re: ๐Ÿ’Ž Quiz 3 - Answer

Thank you @mechan for the Segmentation post. It really helps to see the in Segmentation explained in such detail.

Danielle_Hynes
Level 2

Hi Melina,

Apologies for the delay in submitting my answer!

Option 3 is the most efficient way to personalize the emails in this scenario โ€“ creating a segmentation with 4 product interests and 1 default, and setting up 1 smart campaign and 1 email using dynamic content for product interest segment.

Cheers, 

Danielle

mechan
Level 3

๐Ÿ’Ž Quiz 3 - answer

Well done! ๐Ÿ‘@Danielle_Hynes 

I hope you have attempted the segmentation prior, if not this is a good reference for you
https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-blogs/marketo-success-series-segmentation/ba-p/304969

Cheers!

Melina