Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Melina Chan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

mechan
Level 3

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Melina Chan] πŸ’ŽQuiz 1 Answer

@monicabrv  Yes the answer is 4 - Default program!

Well done πŸ‘
Do you have any questions on this sections before we move to next section?

Regarding your comments:

1. An event program, since we are not asking people to join an specific event (Given a time and date)
    [Melina] Yes that is true as we are not using any of the status for events

2. An email program, its not just a single communication, but instead its a form and then a trigger email.
    [Melina] Email program has no flow steps so it's not possible to trigger a confirmation email

3. An engagement program, is a confirmation email and not nurturing at a regular interval.
    [Melina] Actually does nurturing of a series of emails at regular intervals but will not be able to trigger a confirmation email although it would be possible for advanced users to insert a program into the engagement program. 
mechan
Level 3

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Melina Chan] πŸ’ŽQuiz 1 Answer

@Harsh-297  yes you are right! The answer is 4.

Well done! πŸ‘

Have you had the opportunity to use all of the programs? Do you any questions about this section before we move to the next section?

mechan
Level 3

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Melina Chan] Week 2 update πŸ“Œ

Hello Aspirants -   πŸŒž Happy Tuesday! This week I will start on the 2nd section but I am still good for any questions you may have on section 1

• @monicabrv 
  • @cbrigeman 
  • @Danielle_Hynes 
  • @dseide101 
  • @akhilamall 
  • @Harsh-297 

πŸ“…Section 2: Building assets (19%)

• Manipulating files in Design Studio (uploading/replacing images and files).
    • Create/Modify a form using the Form Editor.
    • Create/Edit an email using the Email Editor.
    • Create/Edit a landing page using the Landing Page Editor.
    • Create/Edit a Snippet in the Snippet Editor.
    • Distinguish the difference between draft and approved assets.
    • Distinguish the difference between local and global assets.

This might be one of the sections that all of you use a frequently. The last 2 points are important for you all to know and I will likely have a quiz on these 2
    • Distinguish the difference between draft and approved assets.
    • Distinguish the difference between local and global assets.

Looking forward to any questions anyone has, otherwise it's quiz time on Friday!

Tags (2)
mechan
Level 3

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Melina Chan] πŸ’Ž Quiz 2 - Posted

Happy Friday!

hope you all are having a good week so far

Here’s the 2nd quiz

An organisation has 5 workspaces - global, APAC, EMEA, EUROPE, Americas. An administrator needs to create a contact us form and would want to use this form consistently across the workspaces. Where and what is the most efficient way of creating this form:

A. Global form created in design studio

B. Global form created in marketing activities 

C. Local form created in design studio

D. Global form created in marketing activities

Let me know what is the correct answer!

Cheers!

Melina

Harsh-297
Level 2

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Melina Chan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @mechan,

Greetings!!

For this I believe the answer would be A. Global Form created in Design Studio. As the Administrator wants to use this form accross work spaces.

mechan
Level 3

πŸ’Ž Quiz 2 - Answer

Well done Harsh! πŸ‘

Yes the benefits of having global assets like a global form in design studio helps to ensure consistency and ease of replicating these forms across all the workspaces!

This post is also a good reference on this topic
https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-blogs/local-vs-global-assets-in-marketo/ba-p/332632

You seemed to be very ready for your certification!
Just checking in if there any other areas that you will have questions that I can help or that you wish to familiarize yourself with?

Cheers!
Melina

Tags (1)
Danielle_Hynes
Level 2

Hi Melina,

Hope you're having a great week!

If an administrator would like to create a contact us form across all 5 workspaces, the most efficient way of creating this would be option A, creating a global form in design studio. 

Cheers,

Danielle

mechan
Level 3

πŸ’Ž Quiz 2 - answer

πŸ‘Well done! Yes that is right as it saves time and it's more efficient!

Here's a blog that is good reference on this topic
https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-blogs/local-vs-global-assets-in-marketo/ba-p/332632

Let me know if you have more questions

Tags (1)
mechan
Level 3

πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Melina Chan] Week 3 update πŸ“Œ

Hello Aspirants - We are now at mid-week mark β³ for this program

1. @monicabrv 
  2. @cbrigeman 
  3. @Danielle_Hynes 
  4. @dseide101 
  5. @akhilamall 
  6. @Harsh-297 

I would like to bring your attention to 3 updates:
1. Please note that there was πŸ“Œ an update last week and in the event if you are not able to view the link please refer to this here

2. Please continue your engagement as the most engaged aspirant will stand to win πŸ† an adobe Swag that is very attractive

3. Please note πŸ“… Week of June 10: Section 3: Defining and targeting audiences (33%)

• Create/Modify Smart Lists.
  • Understand Smart Campaign flow steps.
  • Understand how to schedule and/or activate Smart Campaigns.
  • Interpret Smart Campaign results.
  • Describe the purpose of a segmentation and its use.
  • Identify and navigate the Database.
  • Explain how to set privacy settings in Adobe Marketo Engage.
  • Differentiate between Smart Lists and Static Lists.
  • Define system Smart Lists.
  • Compare and contrast the different types of Smart Campaigns.
  • Understand how Smart Campaign triggers and filters work.
  • Differentiate the different list imports.

Have you tried out any creating your own smart list or are the smart list inherited or set up by others? These points above help you to understand the more especially, smart list, static list and segmentation.

Happy to answer any questions or provide examples to any of the above? Just drop me a note and looking forward to hear from you!

Thanks

Melina

Tags (2)
Harsh-297
Level 2

Hi @mechan  πŸ‘‹,

I have a query regarding the List upload in Marketo.

When we do a list upload the last option that comes in the dialogue box is "List Import Mode"  which contains 2 options Default and Skip new people and updates.

Now as I understand Default is updating every information that is mentioned into the excel CSV and then mapping the fields later on the next page. But for Skip new people and updates, I am little confused as what will happen in this. Can you please guide me on this?