SOLVED

Re: Welcome to week 3 where we’ll focus on Lead Management 🌟

Go to solution
Maria_Cruz1
Level 2 - Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Maria Cruz] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Leena,

I've posted the first questions please let me know what the correct answers would be. 

Thanks,

Maria

Maria_Cruz1
Level 2 - Champion

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Maria Cruz] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to support you on your journey towards achieving your Adobe Marketo Engage Certification. I'd love to hear about your motivations for pursuing this certification. Is it a requirement for your job role, a personal learning goal, or something entirely different?

Please don't hesitate to connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maria-cruz-a9162786/ 

Please share and introduce yourself, including your location, organization/company, and your experience with Adobe Marketo Engage. Let's get to know each other and build a supportive community together!

Maria_Cruz1
Level 2 - Champion

Administration and Maintenance

Alright, crew @kevina@Harvinder@Jay_Abushhiwa, @MarkWHaynes@Jjean516@Leena_Foote@Luckybloom! Let's dive in! Make sure to subscribe to this thread at the top if you haven't already so you can stay updated as we go along. Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Prep Guide

We'll tackle this step by step, focusing on the key sections:

Administration and Maintenance (12%)

1. Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)
  2. Lead Management (12%)
  3. Lead Management (10%)
  4. Reporting (4%)
  5. Best Practices (16%)

First Module: Administration and Maintenance (12% of your total test score)

This section will test your ability to:

• Determine mapping process between Marketo and CRM
  • Identify what happened to an asset using the Audit Trail
  • Recognize differences between users and roles
  • Given a scenario, identify the best fit for using workspace and partitions
  • Identify CRM platforms with native Marketo synchronization
  • Given a scenario, locate where information is referenced

Workspaces & Partitions under Administration & Maintenance

It's super helpful to have admin access to a Marketo instance for this section. If anyone in the group doesn't have this access, let me know and I'll try to find a solution for you.

Here's a quick way to remember the differences:

Workspaces: Separate marketing regions/brands assets.

Use them to organize marketing activities by region or brand. You can share or clone assets between them.

Lead Partitions: Separate contact lists.

• Use them to ensure leads from different regions or brands don't mix.
  • Understanding the relationship between the two is crucial. Workspaces are given access to partitions—one workspace can have access to a single partition or many. Partitions can be assigned to multiple workspaces.
  • Key Documentation for Workspaces and Person Partitions
  • Understanding Workspaces and Person Partitions
  • Creating a New Workspace
  • Creating a New Partition
  • Workspaces User Access

To get things rolling, here's a sample test question. Remember, both speed and accuracy count for a chance to win swag or even a free exam voucher!

Sample Questions:

What is one of the key functions of the Audit Trail in Marketo?

1. It provides a complete history of landing page views.
  2. It captures real-time actions and events, offering a six-month history of data for assets, user activity, and login history.
  3. It audits changes made within Web Personalization, Predictive Content, and Sales Insight.
  4. It allows customization of user roles and permissions.

User roles allow you to customize:

1. The views and permission levels available for Marketo users
  2. How campaigns are executed
  3. The appearance of landing pages
  4. The duration of Marketo marketing suspensions

A marketer is evaluating CRM systems to connect with their Marketo instance. To what CRM systems does Marketo currently offer a native bi-directional sync that does not require the implementation of a third-party tool?

1. Marketing Cloud and ZoHo
  2. Only Salesforce
  3. Salesforce and Zeta Cloud
  4. Salesforce and MS Dynamics

Let's get started and good luck!

Maria_Cruz1
Level 2 - Champion

Getting involved in our weekly thread for a chance to win swag or even a free exam voucher!

Hi @kevina@Harvinder@Jay_Abushhiwa, @MarkWHaynes@Jjean516@Leena_Foote@Luckybloom_.  Don't hesitate to dive in and answer any questions that have been posted. 

Here's how to get involved in our weekly thread: 

• Subscribe to this thread so you don't miss any updates. 
  • Every Wednesday, I'll spotlight the week's module from the Exam Prep Guide in this mentor thread. 
  • Review the weekly module (our guide covers 4 modules over 5 weeks, with a test at the end!). 
  • Every Friday, I'll post a quiz question related to the module. 

Share your answers in the thread and let's learn together! Let's make the most of this journey together! 🌟

Maria_Cruz1
Level 2 - Champion

Week 2 Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)

This section is a big one, making up 46% of the total exam. It's all about Marketing Activities and Campaign Management—an area where many of us already shine. 🌟

You should be able to:

• Demonstrate an understanding of Smart Campaigns, logic, constraints and flow steps 
  • Given a scenario, define the next step
  • Identify the root cause of a problem
  • Interpret the relationship between programs, channels, tags and period cost
  • Demonstrate/apply the correct configuration to Engagement Programs
  • Give examples of usage for different types of tokens 
  • Summarize the utility of Webhooks in Marketo and how they are used
  • Identify and apply the appropriate use of the PMCF
  • Explain the benefits of Global Assets and how to use them
  • Demonstrate the capabilities of forms
  • Perform and analyze an A/B test strategy 
  • Identify where a program or asset has been referenced with ‘Used By’
  • Troubleshoot communication limits 
  • Use Webinar provider information in an event program

Sample Questions: 

If you add two Triggers in a Smart Campaign they automatically act as which of the following: 

1. ​And Relationship 
  2. ​Or Relationship 
  3. Secret relationship ​
  4. None of the above

A marketer has a global form that is used on five white-paper landing pages. How can the marketer determine which leads filled out the form on a specific landing page?

1. Create a landing page performance report
  2. Create a form submission list in the design studio
  3. Create a smart list using the filter “Filled out form” with the constraint of “Web Page”
  4. Create a smart list using the filter “Visited web page” with the constraint of “Form = True”

Which token can be used to implement a date on email? Select 3

1. Rich Token
  2. Text Token
  3. Calendar Token
  4. Date Token
  5. String Token

A test sample size is set for 10% in an A/B test, which of the below is true?

1. 10% will be sent out the A/B test at 1st scheduled time, and 90% of the audience will be sent the A/B test at the next scheduled time. 
  2. The Audience is divided in half, 10% receive at the first scheduled time, 90% at the second scheduled time ​
  3. 10% of the audience selected at random will receive the email at 1st scheduled time and the winner will be received by 90% of the audience at the 2nd scheduled time ​
  4. 10% will receive A variant and 90% will receive B variant at any of the scheduled times ​none of the above
  5. ​All of the above

Please reach out if you have any areas you would like to go over more. Share your answers in the thread and let's learn together! Let's make the most of this journey together! 🌟

Jjean516
Level 2

Re: Week 2 Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)

Ok here's what I have! 
1.​Or Relationship
2. Create a smart list using the filter “Filled out form” with the constraint of “Web Page”

3. Text Token, Calendar Token and Date Token (I had difficulties with this one)

4.10% of the audience selected at random will receive the email at 1st scheduled time and the winner will be received by 90% of the audience at the 2nd scheduled time ​

Jeannie Buissereth
Maria_Cruz1
Level 2 - Champion

Re: Week 2 Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)

Fantastic work, Jeannie! I've highlighted the correct answers for you in bold. The concept of tokens can be a bit challenging, but you're making great progress. To help you understand it even better, I've found an excellent resource that dives deep into the world of tokens. Check it out for a more thorough exploration!

1.​Or Relationship
2. Create a smart list using the filter “Filled out form” with the constraint of “Web Page”

3. Text Token, Calendar Token and Date Token (I had difficulties with this one)

4.10% of the audience selected at random will receive the email at 1st scheduled time and the winner will be received by 90% of the audience at the 2nd scheduled time 

Maria_Cruz1
Level 2 - Champion

Welcome to week 3 where we’ll focus on Lead Management 🌟

This section makes up 12% of the test questions. Check out this fantastic resource to boost your Marketo knowledge and skills. Let's level up together! 🚀

You should be able to:

• Outline the key decision points in defining the lifecycle model 
  • Apply best practices around lead scoring
  • Implement the appropriate interesting moments
  • Interpret the lead activity log
  • Given a scenario, identify the creation source

Sample Questions:

Which of the following is a critical decision point when defining the lifecycle model in Marketo?

1. Choosing the email template design
  2. Defining the stages of the lifecycle
  3. Selecting the social media platforms for campaigns
  4. Deciding the layout of the landing pages

What is considered a best practice for setting up lead scoring in Marketo?

1. Assigning the same score to all activities
  2. Aligning scores with the sales team’s feedback
  3. Using only demographic factors for scoring
  4. Scoring leads based on their social media activity alone

Which of the following is an example of an appropriate interesting moment in Marketo?

1. A lead visiting the homepage
  2. A lead clicking on a link in a welcome email
  3. A lead updating their email preferences
  4. A lead completing a purchase

When interpreting the lead activity log in Marketo, which activity would indicate a high level of engagement?

1. Lead viewed the email but did not click any links
  2. Lead opened an email and clicked multiple links
  3. Lead unsubscribed from the email list
  4. Lead visited the website's contact page only

In a scenario where a lead's creation source is needed, which of the following sources indicates that the lead was generated from a web form submission?

1. API
  2. List Import
  3. Web Form
  4. Salesforce Sync

Jjean516
Level 2

I don't have much experience in Lead Management so I will be taking some additional time to review this section. How much of the lead scoring strategy is on Marketing Operations? We have a growth marketing team I would assume most of the strategy would be on them?

Here are my answers below:

1. a. Defining the stages of the lifecycle
2. b.Aligning scores with the sales team’s feedback

3. d.A lead completing a purchase

4. b.Lead opened an email and clicked multiple links

5. c. Web Form

Jeannie Buissereth
Maria_Cruz1
Level 2 - Champion

Way to go Jeannie! You answered them all correct. The lead scoring strategy is a critical responsibility of Marketing Operations. They define and set up scoring criteria, configure rules, and continuously monitor and adjust the scoring model to ensure its accuracy. Marketing Operations also facilitates alignment with the sales team, ensuring the criteria reflect sales priorities. Additionally, they document the strategy and train stakeholders, ensuring a clear understanding of the process and its interpretation. This comprehensive involvement ensures that lead scoring effectively supports the organization’s marketing and sales objectives.