SOLVED

🗣️ [Mentor Lauren McCormack] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Go to solution
KarinaVidal
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Lauren McCormack] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@berrygirl044 , I believe the lie is:

• Marketo's predictive content feature automatically generates new content ideas based on trending topics in the industry.

I agree with @gergana , I think it would be fantastic for predictive content to generate new content. Perhaps with the evolution of AI, we may soon get a feature or a MKTO product to do precisely that 😁

gergana
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Lauren McCormack] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @laurenmccormack  thank you for the answer about the reports in the exam.

Regarding the today's question the answer is B) Engagement Stream Performance Report
This report specifically tracks how recipients interact with emails within an engagement program streams. It measures metrics such as how effective our content is (engagement score), email open rates, click-through rates, unsubscribes, and other engagement metrics that help evaluate the effectiveness of the nurturing emails.

Regarding your 2 truths and 1 lie, I believe the lie is:

"The Web Page Activity Report tracks the performance of landing pages, including conversion rates and form submissions."

Actually, the Web Page Activity Report provides insights into our website's performance, showing visitor details such as who is visiting, how many pages is viewing, the entry page, date of first visit and date of last visit etc. It can indicate us data about known and anonymous visitors.

Staying on the topic of reports, here are my 2 truths and 1 lie:

1. The Email Link Performance report reveals the # of clicks and # of visitors to links within a specific email.
2. To identify who has unsubscribed in the last 7 days, you need to create a People by Status Report.
3. The Engagement Dashboard can help us understand how our content is perfoming over time in our nurturing program.

P.S. I think this is a great idea; let's continue with other challenges like this!:)

KarinaVidal
Level 3

This one is tough for me. I believe that this is a lie:

2. To identify who has unsubscribed in the last 7 days, you need to create a People by Status Report.

The reason is that the status for this report is usually based on the org's revenue cycle status from the Person Status field. However, depending on the business use case, an Unsubscribe (engagement status) can be a value. So, there's flexibility to edit it based on what's best for the org and business process. 

These seem like truths:

1. The Email Link Performance report reveals the # of clicks and # of visitors to links within a specific email.

This is true because we can see the number of overall clicks and the total number of unique people per link within the email. We cannot drill down to see the number of clicks an individual has made, nor can we get a true number of unique people in the total since it compiles each person per link. Therefore, one person can make three clicks, but the total number will consider that person multiple times, making it appear as three people rather than one.

3. The Engagement Dashboard can help us understand how our content is perfoming over time in our nurturing program.

This seems true as well because, within the nurture program, we can visually see engagement data such as Summary, Exhausted, Program Status, and Highest Engagement scores per email in its streams. 

@gergana , I eagerly await your response and the verdict of my choice! 

KarinaVidal
Level 3

I believe the answer for today's quiz is:

B) Engagement Stream Performance Report

As for the two truths and a lie, I believe it is:

• The Web Page Activity Report tracks the performance of landing pages, including conversion rates and form submissions.

From my understanding, the WPA report shows more activities, such as the webpage referrer and entrance/LP, than actual conversions. 

KarinaVidal
Level 3

Here goes my Two Truths and a Lie (muahahaha *in Bowser's voice):

1. A Batch campaign counts as one API Call because it can perform updates to all specified persons at once.
  2. Programs added to an Archive Folder get automatically deactivated and, by default, disappear from the Search Within Tree Bar in Marketing Activities.
  3. To schedule a nurture cast during the recipient's time zone, a Marketo users must schedule the cadence at least 25 hours in the future. 

Happy learning friends! 😊

tcthanawan
Level 2

Hi Lauren,

The answer to the quiz is B, Engagement Stream Performance Report, which shows the nurture email performance. 

The answer to your two truths and one lie is the Web page activity. It does not provide the number of form submissions and conversions, you can see the who and number of views. 

@gergana  - as for the answer for your 2 truths and 1 lie, I would select numbers 2 - 2. To identify who has unsubscribed in the last 7 days, you need to create a People by Status Report. As there are multiple ways to pull this - for our company, we used filled-out form reports; alternatively, we pulled a smart list with opt-out status. Interesting in hearing how you guys pull the report. 

@KarinaVidal  - I think the 2 truths are number 2 and 3. As for API call, I believe it is per leads amount, however I am unsure. Looking forwards to hear the exact amount. 

Loving these challenges! 

gergana
Level 3

Hi all,

@berrygirl044 , @KarinaVidal and @tcthanawan regarding my “2 truths and a lie”, you are all right. The answer is that the 2nd one is a lie.

As you mentioned in the People by Status report, we can see the "stage" based on the person's status and track how people are moving through the process. The report provides a snapshot of the person statuses per month. While it is possible to create a stage called "unsubscribe," I personally think it's not a good idea. The stages of a person should, in my opinion, be related to business stages (like "known," "lead," "prospect," "inquiry," "opportunity opened," "customer," "recycled/renurturing," etc.). Every business can define the stages that best fit its needs.

@tcthanawan In my company, we manage different brands within the same Marketo instance, so we are not using the standard Unsubscribe field. Instead, we have created custom fields for each brand's unsubscribe. Similar to your approach, we use smart lists (form filled out or directly “unsubscribe brand x” = true).

The problem with these types of smart lists is that we cannot directly report on unsubscriptions from a specific campaign. Additionally, the standard Email Performance report is not helpful, as the data related to unsubscribes is inaccurate due to our custom unsubscribe fields.

I am considering creating another custom field to use as a hidden field in the unsubscribe form. The idea is to tokenize it and pass the value of the email from which the person is unsubscribing. This is still just an idea, and I have not yet tried it, so I am not sure if it is feasible.

Do you think this could be a good solution? Do you encounter the same reporting issues as we do?

@berrygirl044, regarding your "2 truths and a lie," I think the lie is #3: "Marketo's predictive content feature automatically generates new content ideas based on trending topics in the industry." It would be great if it were true, though! 😊

@KarinaVidal, regarding your "2 truths and 1 lie," I believe your lie is #2: "Programs added to an Archive Folder get automatically deactivated and, by default, disappear from the Search Within Tree Bar in Marketing Activities." When you archive a folder, the programs and relative smart campaigns inside it won’t get deactivated automatically. If we want them deactivated, we must do it manually. However, the part about disappearing from the Search Within Tree Bar in Marketing is true.

As for the API part, unfortunately, I don't have any experience with APIs and will need to study a lot 😊 Any possible "study assets" (besides Marketo’s documentation), suggestions, or experiences you would like to share are welcome 😊

Can you also please explain why "A Batch campaign is considered a single API call since it updates all specified individuals simultaneously" is true (or false if I am mistaken)?

@laurenmccormack, as I mentioned before, I really like this challenge. It is very stimulating, encourages conversation, and promotes discussion. Let's keep doing it! 😊

KarinaVidal
Level 3

Hi @tcthanawan @berrygirl044 @gergana  

So the lie is:

1. Programs added to an Archive Folder get automatically deactivated and, by default, disappear from the Search Within Tree Bar in Marketing Activities.

I bolded the lie. But as @gergana mentioned, the campaigns within and any active landing page will remain the same status (active or deactivated) before they were moved to an Archive Folder. So, you'll want to ensure that all campaigns are deactivated, forms are removed or unapproved, and Landing pages are deactivated and redirected to your home page or an alternative page. 

As for the truths:

1. A Batch campaign counts as one API Call because it can perform updates to all specified persons at once.

1. I was looking for documentation to link out for this, but API documentations in Marketo are focused on actual API calls rather than the API count. The closest things I found to explain this is a YouTube video by Marketo Champ Corey and the SFDC API call breakdown. This was knowledge I got from MKTO support in 2019 in an attempt to decrease our API calls without increasing the MKTO starter pack of 50k API calls. So, I can see the confusion in considering this one a lie since there isn't much documentation specifying the actual call counts. But, what does remain true is that triggers are individual API calls in compassion to batch campaigns since triggers process Persons, Data, and Syncs individually per execution in comparison to a batch. 
    1. KarinaVidal_0-1718995930199.png

3. To schedule a nurture cast during the recipient's time zone, a Marketo users must schedule the cadence at least 25 hours in the future. 

1. This is true because the time requirement to schedule is required for nurture programs, or it blocks you from scheduling. Email Send programs work differently; email Send programs will allow you to schedule the email to be sent at the recipient's time zone, assuming that the specified local time has not occurred. So, if an email set during the systems time 11a.m PT is set to launch at noon, the recipient time zone, a person in the Eastern Time Zone (i.e., NYC, DC, GA, etc...) will not receive the email at all since their 11 am ET has already occurred. 
  •  
KarinaVidal
Level 3

This is clutch @laurenmccormack , thanks for sharing this gem. I feel like we have a cheat sheet that others do not have; I feel special 😇🤓. You are the best!!!

laurenmccormack
Level 3 - Champion

Hi team!

Here's our final question for the session! I hope you've found our discussions to be beneficial, and I'm so excited to see what you all do with your Marketo knowledge in the future! If you haven't already, please add me on LinkedIn and know that I'm happy to be a resource for you throughout your career. My door is always open, whether you need a connection, a reference, or an answer to a question, never hesitate to reach out to me.

Now, here's our question:

Which company stakeholders should be included in the process when creating a lead scoring model? (Choose two)

a. Sales
b. Marketing
c. Product Management
d. Chief Executive Officer
e. Board of Directors
f. Finance

And for the two truths and a lie:

• Engagement programs in Marketo are designed to nurture leads over time with automated, targeted content.
  • Engagement programs can only send emails; they cannot include other types of interactions or activities.
  • You can use Engagement programs to measure the success of your content by tracking engagement metrics like email opens and clicks.

Happy studying, and I wish you all the very best in your Adobe endeavors! Let me know if you have any questions at all as we schedule our exams and finalize our preparations.

Lauren McCormack