🗣️ [Mentor Josh Arrington] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

marypaine
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Arrington] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

I 100% agree with you on the way questions are phrased (at least in the practice exam). I definitely find myself second guessing what they are trying to ask.

For this specific question, though, I can tell you why your answer was wrong (whether we know if the emails sent/being sent are operational or not). Marketo doesn't look at Lead ID when sending emails, it looks at the Email Address. So even if there are duplicate leads with the same address, it will only send once to that address. Then the first answer is just wrong - Marketo will send an email even if there is a duplicate. You kind of have to just do a little bit of crossing off answers you definitely know are wrong until there's only one choice left! Let me know if that was helpful or not! 😊

Even still,  I don't appreciate how some of the questions are written lol.

Editing to add: I just did the practice exam quickly and came across this question. As Marketo will not send multiple emails to duplicate leads, why is it even an option?

marypaine_0-1718199067461.png

VishGupta
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Josh Arrington] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

you make a good point about the lead ID too, and I also felt like that was probably the key there, but then the question you posted as having got wrong, I also got that wrong and I definitely feel it was a wording issue!

VishGupta
Level 2

Thanks, it would be super helpful if you would consider posting a short weekly quiz on each of these categories at the end of the week.

FaizalR
Level 2

Hi Josh and other fellow aspirants,

My name is Faizal Reza. I have been using marketo on and off since 2019. For about a year now I have started using Marketo now.

Can you share one module each week so we can focus on topic and can ask questions if any I have.

Also please share some practice tests?

Thanks

Faizal

VishGupta
Level 2

Hi All, 

I'm Vish Gupta, I have been using the platform for 5 years, but only deeply starting to use it this year, prior I was managing a team and mostly doing campaign ops QA type work. I have passed the professional cert a couple of years ago, but have been struggling with the MCE. Looking forward to being part of this group and passing my MCE!

Title: Senior MOPs Manager at People.ai

Fav Food: Burmese Cuisine

Josh
Level 4 - Champion

Hi all!

Here are the modules and practice quizes:  Please fill out each quiz with your name and let me know if you have questions here.  The first 2 are active now and I will add the others soon. 

Quizes

1. Administration and Maintenance (12%)
  2. Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)
  3. Lead Management (12%)
  4. Data Management (10%)
  5. Reporting (4%)
  6. Best Practices (16%)

Helping companies increase revenue by leveraging technology and data.
Tags (1)
marypaine
Level 2

I just submitted the first one but I think I forgot to add my name. 😂 I got an 11/12.

That Look Up field question always gets me - I need to just commit it to memory at this point I think!

Josh
Level 4 - Champion

Great! Yes I used to forget about it too. After many CRM integrations for clients we actually added it to the discussion checklist so it wouldn't be a surprise later.

Josh
Level 4 - Champion

Hi All!

I've updated the links above with the next 3 units,

- Lead Management 12%
- Data Management 10%
- Reporting (4%)

Please let me know if you have any questions or want me to do a deep dive / explanation for any of the questions!

marypaine
Level 2

Hi Josh,

I just made a guess from memory based on knowing the question, but question 4 in the Lead Management quiz doesn't have the associated screenshot to reference to be able to answer the question.

Also, on Lead Management and Data Management, there are a couple of questions that require review and weren't automatically marked right or wrong.

Got a few wrong there on the Reporting section, so I'm going to spend today really digging into that last section! 😬