🗣️ [Mentor John Grundy] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

jelissag
Level 1

Re: 3️⃣ Section 3 recap

Knowledge Check

After reviewing the week 3 material, have a go at answering these questions. Please share your answers or questions as a reply to this post.  

• Does a transition rule push or pull people from one stream to another?
    • They pull into a stream.
  • If you wanted to reset the value of a Scoring field, or set it to a specific number, what is the format of the value you would type into the flow step?
    • +/- digit (example +5)
  • You had an Interesting Moment configured according to best practices (i.e. centralized and leveraging {{trigger.tokens}}. In testing, you notice that {{trigger.Details}} doesn’t show anything for an Opens Email activity. Why might this be?
    • It is returning an empty string. {{trigger.Details}} only returns detail for Hard and Soft Bounces.
  • You’re creating a Segmentation, and your segmentation rule contains an OR statement in some of the filters. As a result, a person could now potentially qualify for more than one segment. Which segment will they end up in?
    • The first segment they qualify (in the order the segments are listed)

Thank you for the additional resources. I passed (barely) the practice test. The quiz cards will be helpful

John_Grundy1
Level 3 - Champion

Re: 3️⃣ Section 3 recap

Hi @jelissag 

Great answers! 

For scoring fields, don't forget that you can also (re)set the score to a specific value with the = control - like =0 will reset the score field value to 0. 

Glad to hear you've had a chance to do the practice exam too - it's a great way to also help understand which areas and topics might need a bit more foucs.

As always - feel free to drop any questions in this thread if they arise. 

John_Grundy1
Level 3 - Champion

‌4️⃣ Section 4 recap

Hi @stevenkane, @puneetk@bflynn-ciena@HallJu9@jelissag 

We're at the end! 

I hope you've made it through all this week's topics on reporting. As usual a few re-cap questions below to test your knowledge in preparation for the exam.

If you haven't yet (or even if you have, great to do it a few times), don't forget about the Practice Exam available on the Adobe Certification Exam Prep Portal

If you've not done an Adobe Certification Exam before, it's good to read up on the exam experience beforehand. They are proctored, so you'll be in a 'locked' virtual environment with a proctor observing you and your physical environment. Here is a nice blog giving an overview of what to expect

---

Section four was focussed on Reporting
Exam Topics

• Given an outcome of a campaign, determine how to set up a program to provide the best reporting
  • Given a scenario, be able to investigate and assign the appropriate acquisition program

Knowledge check

After studying up on Reporting, here are a few questions to check your knowledge:

• Which report type can you add custom columns to based on a smart list?
  • If I wanted to see the number of people per program status across a program type/channel, which report would you use?

---

Good luck with your upcoming exams! 
And as always, please post any questions to this thread if you need.
Finally, I'd love to hear how you got on - Please share the good new here and feel free to add me on LinkedIn too. 

HallJu9
Level 2

Re: ‌4️⃣ Section 4 recap

Hi @John_Grundy1,

Thank you for all the help throughout the program! I have a quick follow-up question as I prepare to schedule my exam. Will we be notified if we receive an exam fee waiver? In the initial emails, it was mentioned that we could get a 100% or 50% exam fee waiver so I just wanted to check before scheduling my exam. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Justin