🗣️ [Mentor John Grundy] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor John Grundy] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, John Grundy (@John_Grundy1who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, John:

John Grundy 2000x2000.jpg

John is a Marketing Technology Senior Manager with 13+ years of digital marketing experience. In his role at Accenture, John works with clients on the implementation and evolution of their marketing tooling, architecture, operations, and execution. He holds certifications in five different Adobe Experience Cloud applications, but his core expertise is in Marketo Engage - of which he has twice been named as Adobe Champion. Originally from Australia, John now lives in The Netherlands. 

Aspirants mapped to @John_Grundy1 

1. @stevenkane 
  2. @puneetk 
  3. Daniela Bachman
  4. @bflynn-ciena 
  5. @HallJu9 
  6. @jelissag 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor John, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to John and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

23 REPLIES 23
jelissag
Level 1

Hello!

I'm Jelissa, based in New York and working at Arup, a multidisciplinary engineering firm that's increasingly recognizing the potential of content management to influence its positioning. I manage our email campaign pipeline, monitor data quality across systems, and localize global strategy to help us capitalize on that potential. I'm looking forward to formalizing my 2 years of experience with the Business Practitioner certification.

My favorite ice-breaker: What game show do you think you could win? 

Lingo! It prepared me for Wordle craze of 2021 / 2022.

John_Grundy1
Level 3 - Champion

Re: Hello!

Hi @jelissag 👋 
Welcome - Great to have you here!

@stevenkane,  @puneetk, @bflynn-ciena@HallJu9  - please reply to to this thread with a quick introduction too.

Let's get these certifications 🚀

stevenkane
Level 1

Hello all! I am Steven Kane and work in New York City for Citrin Cooperman, a CPA firm that provides attest, tax, advisory, and business consulting services. I run the firm's crm and marketing automation platforms. Looking forward to the process!

John_Grundy1
Level 3 - Champion

Great to have you here Steven!

HallJu9
Level 2

Hey all! Sorry for the late response here as I was out on PTO the last week and a half. I am based in Akron, OH and work at GOJO Industries, or as most people know us, PURELL. My role at GOJO is the Marketing Automation Administrator, leading product ownership of Marketo, Airtable, and Knak, while dabbling in some other areas when needed such as DOMO and SFDC. Looking forward to learning together and getting these certifications nailed down. Cheers!

John_Grundy1
Level 3 - Champion

Hi @HallJu9  - No worries, glad you're able to join.
Sounds like you've got some great tools in your stack to play around with! 

bflynn-ciena
Level 1

Hi everyone, my name is Bryan and am currently working at a telecomm tech company Ciena, and am based a little outside Baltimore, MD. 

I manage our Marketo and Target instance, and currently focus mostly of our efforts on assisting other teams execute on their strategies. I am looking forward to getting certified and bringing some of the foundational best practices into our marketing strategy here. 

I think I would have to be very lucky to win any gameshow, but the only reason I would ever want to be famous is for a chance to go on Celebrity Jeopardy, because at least I can answer some of those questions! 

And a random Marketo Community question to start things off, does anyone know if/how I can change my Community user name (away from bflynn-ciena)? 

John_Grundy1
Level 3 - Champion

Welcome Bryan!
Really nice that you're working with Marketo & Target!
Do you happen to have Audience Manager in the middle too to be able to share audiences between the tools? 

And unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a way to update user tag on the platform either

bflynn-ciena
Level 1

Thanks John! We have discussed getting the CDP with our Adobe rep, but right now are only sharing lists between the two. I'm also interested in new ways to use the two together though!