🗣️ [Mentor Clement Mak] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Clement
Level 4

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Clement Mak] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Kelsey,

Welcome to the Marketo community! If you’ve any questions or specific areas which you’d require more help with, just drop a line anytime.

aditik
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Clement Mak] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello! My name is Aditi karade from India. I am new to Marketo but I have worked on other marketing automation tools like Salesforce, Hubspot. In my current organization we are planning to implement Marketo as a Marketing automation tool  so I am here to gain knowledge of Marketo and enhance my skillset which will help me in my profession growth. My main moto is to learn from industry experts like you and get certification of most demanding marketing automation tool. 

Sorry for late joining as I dont have community access, Jonathan shared access details a day before. But I will cover it over the weekend so that I will be on same track with other aspirant from 3rd June onward

Clement
Level 4

Hi @aditik 

Glad to be part of your learning journey! I am certain your knowledge in other marketing automation tools would come in handy. Let me know if you have any questions or require help with any specific topics. 

Clement
Level 4

Hi @KSBingham @rross1CY @Amarjit_Hayer @khanson20 @aditik 

Here’s the quiz for this week on (Section 1) Building and Managing Programs:

Imagine your team has curated a valuable list of upcoming industry events and wants to collect leads by offering this gated content on your website.

Which type of program should you utilize to capture the leads through a form and send the curated list to these leads via an email?

1. Email Program
  2. Default Program
  3. Event Program
  4. Engagement Program

Please reply to this message with your answer by Wednesday, 5 June. Look forward to finding out how well you understand the different types of program!

rross1CY
Level 2

I believe it will be a Default program if you're creating a form to collect names to send elsewhere after the event.

Ronnie Ross, M.Ed
aditik
Level 2

Which type of program should you utilize to capture the leads through a form and send the curated list to these leads via an email?
Ans Email Program 

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

I believe it's the default program type.

• Email programs would be for simple one-time email sends, forms cannot be built in these
  • Event programs would be for managing/tracking events, too complicated for simple email send
  • Engagement program would be for taking leads through a series of emails
  • That leaves the default program as it's the most flexible
Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hi @KSBingham @khanson20 

I will be sharing the answer tomorrow. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!

Clement
Level 4

Hi @rross1CY @aditik @Amarjit_Hayer 

Thanks for sharing your answers! The correct answer is B. Default Program 

Loved that you went through a process of elimination to find your answer @Amarjit_Hayer 💯 The certification exam questions can get really tricky, often with more than 1 answers that sound right. Hence, I'd highly recommend using this elimination method to identify the most suitable answer.

So how did we derive the correct answer to be a Default Program

Email Programs are able to send an email with the gated content, but it can only be scheduled to send one-time at a specified date and time. Moreover, a form cannot be created under an Email Program. 

Engagement Programs are ideal for sending leads a series of emails at a specified frequency / cadence (e.g. every Monday, 8am) whereas in this scenario, we are only tasked to send 1 email whenever the form has been filled out. 

This leaves us with either Event Program or Default Program as the correct answer. Both programs allow us to create a form and a trigger campaign to send an email whenever the form is filled out, ensuring the lead promptly receives the requested gated content. 

However, Event Programs are typically used when we are keen on tracking and managing a lead's event status (e.g., "invited" > "registered" > "attended"), which is not required in this scenario. Therefore, the Default Program is the most suitable option ✔️

Hope this thought process also helps you in deciding which program to use for your own campaigns!

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

@Clement 

For event programs, what does the event date do, where you enter a start and end date/time?  I am wondering if we haven't been using this correctly.  For most events, we use an external system for registrations and attendance tracking/checking in.  We only use Marketo for sending out invites and tracking the incoming registrations via web api calls and push those details to sfdc.  The invite emails are scheduled manually, nothing automatic such as 3 weeks prior to the event send email etc. No event date seems to push through from Marketo to sfdc, which I manually have to add so our CASL consent date ties with the date of the event.  If we had entered a date for the Marketo event program, in the setup, would that flow into sfdc as the event date?

I don't create these events, but am wondering if our naming convention where the date is mentioned, is only for visual/detail purpose, but no function?

Amarjit