Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Clement Mak] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Clement Mak] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@Clement Printable docs would be a great help to ensure we are on the right track, and to use when offline. I find my self going down rabbit holes with the 'useful resources' and links within the documentation. Not sure to what level of detail we should be preparing for the exam, which I am told is meant to be quite basic.  e.g. when we working on building & managing programs, were we to look into how to sync with event partners, notification errors, etc., or just be able to understand what each program type is, what you can/cannot do with each, how to create them etc.?  

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hey @Amarjit_Hayer 

β€œGoing down rabbit holes” - that was exactly how I felt when I was preparing for my certification!

To stay on track, I would suggest sticking to the objectives / scope outlined for each section. If you can answer all of them confidently, I’m certain you will pass that section.

Based on the objectives / scope for section 1: building and managing programs, it is unlikely that you will be tested on β€œhow to sync event partners”. I have personally never seen questions on that either. 

The objectives / scope for each section are outlined here, as well as in the Exam Prep Guide.

At this juncture, you may also want to attempt the practice test available in the Adobe Certification Exam Prep Portal to have a better idea of the actual questions and the depth of understanding required.

Hope this helps!

aditik
Level 2

Hi Clement,
Hope you are doing well.
I just wanted know that can we use recipient time zone in email program AB test?

Clement
Level 4

Hi @aditik 

That’s not possible. You might want to consider limiting your A/B test to specific geographical regions / timezones, as results may differ across different regions / timezones. 

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

are you saying that doing an a/b test using the recipient time zone is not possible, or not recommended?

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hi @Amarjit_Hayer 

It's not possible. There isn't an option to select "recipient's time zone" when scheduling an email program A/B test.

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

For an email program, you can abort it and that becomes final, making it completely unusable. At what point would you do this, rather than unapproving the program and re-approving when you are ready to send?   Is this done moments before the program is scheduled to go out or if you have decided you're not going through with the email send entirely?

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hi @Amarjit_Hayer 

As long as the email program has not started sending, you will have the option to unapprove the program. 

The moment the email program has started sending, you can only abort it  - which only stops more emails from being sent and does not recall the sent emails.

I'd imagine the only scenario where you can likely abort an email program in time, before it finish sending, would be if you've setup an A/B test that scheduled email sends at different dates/time (e.g., sending the test today and sending the winner tomorrow). 

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

Thanks!

After I posted this question, I read further and discovered that another case of aborting would be if you had emails going across different time zones, using recipient time zones, so if that time zone hadn't been reached, you could abort the program and prevent further emails from going out.  I hope I didn't misunderstand this scenario.

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hi @Amarjit_Hayer 

Oh right! That’s certainly another possible scenario of aborting an email program.