🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

AshleighMo
Level 4

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@mktoMacaque@rahulsh @SyedHasan @uditmathur @ggerla @stevenchung87 @Brenda_1040 @kpsingh - WELCOME to the Mentorship Program for Adobe Marketo Engage! I am SO excited to be here and learn from one another. I can already tell from the intros that this will be a very exciting, engaging and thought provoking journey for us all, myself included! There is so much to know and learn about the program, like with most things. Please remember to be kind to yourselves as you embark on the journey to a higher certification, you're already a step ahead just by being here and participating. My hope with the program is that everyone will feel comfortable coming to this thread, posting their comments and questions and get everything out of this program that they are hoping. 

I know some of you already dropped some of your hopes and specific topics of interest but I would love to get a comprehensive list going here so that I make sure everyone is confident and happy at the end of this program. My ask for this week...

1. Could you please let me know what topics you are hoping to cover? It's ok if it is a long list or if you aren't sure yet (feel free to come back to this and reply at any time)! Feel free to drop specific detailed questions/topics/examples too!
  2. What do you want to get out of the program? I know the intent is to study and be ready to take the exam, but let's get SMART with our goals 😉. What exactly are you looking for? Are you just hoping to pass the exam? Get a high mark on the exam? Venture outside of your comfort zone and implement something new in your instance?

Lastly, Let me know what you need throughout the program, I'm here to help! I want us to learn together. While I have been in Marketo for several years and have helped to train teams, it does not mean I know everything. I am constantly trying to push myself to learn new things and stay current with new releases in the program. If I don't have an answer to one of your questions, rest assured, I will be tapping into my network to get you an answer. I have been heavily involved in Adobe for quite some time and have some great connections out there with some champions. 

I will end with my own aspirations to hold me accountable: 

1. Above all else, I want you all to walk away confident with new knowledge and new initiatives to try at work. I would love for you all to pass the exam upon completion of the program, I think that would be the biggest indicator to my success as a mentor. 
  2. I want to level up my own knowledge and take + pass the Architect Exam. 
  3. I have also applied to become an Adobe Marketo Engage Champion and hope that my efforts will be recognized by that prestigious group of individuals. 
Brenda_1040
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ashleigh Morrow] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi Ashlegih! My goals for this program can be found below: 

1. Could you please let me know what topics you are hoping to cover? It's ok if it is a long list or if you aren't sure yet (feel free to come back to this and reply at any time)! Feel free to drop specific detailed questions/topics/examples too!

I am hoping to cover the following topics:

• Identify what happened to an asset using the Audit Trail
  • Recognize differences between users and roles
  • Identify and apply the appropriate use of the PMCF
  • Perform and analyze an A/B test strategy
  • Analyze an instance’s data quality
  • Apply best practices around A/B testing

2. What do you want to get out of the program? I know the intent is to study and be ready to take the exam, but let's get SMART with our goals. What exactly are you looking for? Are you just hoping to pass the exam? Get a high mark on the exam? Venture outside of your comfort zone and implement something new in your instance?

At minimum, I want to pass the exam and learn more about the above topics, as they are hot topics within the team I work with. I am looking to implement more A/B testing for emails in my team and have a standard process for it as well. Being realistic with workload and how much time I am able to pledge to this program, this is how I view my SMART goal:

S - (Specific) : Pass the Expert exam

M - (Measurable) : Score at least a 38/50 (Knowing the pass score is 32/50)

A - (Attainable) : I was able to re-certify (Business Level Cert) with a near perfect score, making this the next step/level

R - (Relevant) : By attaining an Expert Certification, I will bring additional knowledge and expertise to my team

T - (Time Bound) : Pass Expert Exam by the end of the Mentorship program, Friday, June 28

uditmathur
Level 5

• CRM Integration
  • Custom data fields
  • Reporting

2. What do you want to get out of the program? I know the intent is to study and be ready to take the exam, but let's get SMART with our goals. What exactly are you looking for? Are you just hoping to pass the exam? Get a high mark on the exam? Venture outside of your comfort zone and implement something new in your instance?

Specific - Able to Integrate with SFDC or Dynamics.

Measurable - Able to troubleshoot challenges with CRM integration.

Attainable - Get the understanding of the best use case to help business get most out of their Marketo instance.

Relevant - Guide the team to understand marketo better.

Time Bound - Get Expert certified.  

kpsingh
Level 2

Hello Ashleigh,

Could you please let me know what topics you are hoping to cover? It's ok if it is a long list or if you aren't sure yet (feel free to come back to this and reply at any time)! Feel free to drop specific detailed questions/topics/examples too!

1. Velocity scripting
2. CRM Integration
3. Custom fields, if someone is choosing specific filed then our smart campaign works accordingly.
4. How segmentation is different from smart list.
5. Munchkin code enablement.
6. REST and SOAP API.
7. Engagement Program.

1. Implement velocity scripting in making dynamic content.
2. Creating Emil from scratch.
3. Troubleshoot realtime issues with CRM salesforce/Dynamics.
4. How streams works in nurture program and transition rules
5. ADO-E559 Certification

ggerla
Level 4

Hello @AshleighMo and many thanks for your introduction. 

As mentioned in my introductory post, I'm here certainly to grow most of the aspects that a Marketo Expert needs to have, so both the "front end" (what the final users could need) and back end (what to improve and integrate to make Marketo performing very well.

1. To be more specific, I come from a very back-end management, recently I worked on the high-level and technology aspects of Marketo (scoring program, deliverability rate, salesforce integration, webhook, and API endpoints), and if I pretty fine within this part, I'd like to improve all the aspects that could be helpful for the front-end users, so like program management (creation, templating, performances, and centralization), reporting on ROI and performances, email performances (content and deliverability).

2. I can try to bind the usefulness of the Membership program to the certification itself, but I'd like to extend it to a more logical mindset: get the Business Practitioner Expert (S), with at least 40/50 (M), since I got the beta certification last year - Engage Digital Marketer, I think this is achievable in a good way (A), and this will be totally outstanding for my career first, but for making the Marketing Ops in my company reliable (R), within the end for the program (T).

But I would extend for a wider objective: being the POC for Marketo as a Marketo Expert (S),  by developing new ways of working, getting fewer system errors, implementing tools seamless-integrated with Marketo (M), improving the performances (deliverability, sync performances, speed-of-use, quality of program management) and the ROI of Marketo (A), making me able to be prepared for the Architect Exam (R) in a year and half timeframe (T).

Additionally, I think sharing knowledge, solutions, questions, and doubts between us (the entire team) will be helpful in making this program awesome.

AshleighMo
Level 4

Thank you for sharing the goals. I love them!

stevenchung87
Level 2

Honestly no specific topic that I'm hoping to cover- really here to absorb and learn about different things in Marketo that I'm not already familiar with (and also to possibly learn advanced/different use cases of Marketo features that I already utilize).

In terms of the program itself, specifically looking to pass the exam for business practitioner.

SyedHasan
Level 2

Hi @AshleighMo, sorry for the delay in my response. Couldn't get the chance to check the email. Mostly, people have covered all the topics which were there in my mind. I just wanted to quote one topic which is the Engagement Programs.

If you can cover this topic, that'll be great.

kpsingh
Level 2

Hello Ashleigh/ Everyone,

Trust you had a joyful holiday:)

Replying again on this thread, since today I have received the new ID from adobe team and I will be start again here from scratch and I hope in this program we all learn from each other.

My name is Kamal Preet Singh, and I serve as a Tech Lead at Hogarth, a WPP company. Over the past four years, I've gained valuable experience utilizing Marketo for tasks such as Event Management, lead scoring, and Email Marketing on behalf of our clients.

I'm enthusiastic about participating in this Mentorship program as I believe it will further enhance my proficiency in Marketo.

Recently, I achieved Marketo professional certification, and I'm eager to pursue the Expert certification next.

Specifically, I'm keen to deepen my understanding of velocity scripting and CRM integrations through this program.

Thank you:)

AshleighMo
Level 4

@mktoMacaque@rahulsh @SyedHasan @uditmathur @ggerla @stevenchung87 @Brenda_1040 @kpsingh Good morning and Happy Friday! I have some housekeeping and additional information for you to engage with - It's Fun Fact Friday and I have a pop quiz for you all. Please reply to this thread with your answers and we will discuss on Monday. 

Quiz #1: All about Segmentation

1. A user is looking to target leads by Job Level and is creating segmentation to support this initiative. The user has 2000 leads in the database. The breakdown is as follows: 500 have no job level, 1000 have individual contributor, 250 have C-Suite Executive, 50 have Director,  100 have VP, and 100 have manager. When the user approves the segmentation, how many will be in the Job Level segmentation?
    • A - 1500
    • B - 2000
    • C - 250
    • D - 500
  2. Where in Marketo do you go to create segmentations?
    • A -Marketing Activities
    • B - Analytics
    • C - Admin
    • D - Database
  3. How many segmentations can you have?
    • A - 100
    • B - 50 
    • C - 20
    • D - Unlimited
  4. What is a use case for Segmentations?/Why use segmentations instead of filters in a smart list?
    • Open Ended Response Please
  5. True or False: Leads can exist in more than one segment. 

Fun Fact: You cannot modify, move or delete the default segment.

Please Note: I am OOO June 5th (wednesday) for a volunteer day locally. I will be offline cleaning up a nature preserve so I will reply to any queries on Thursday/Friday. 

Last Request: Please head over to my other recent post and reply to the thread with your goals and topics of interest for the program. This will help me tailor the program to you all and ensure your needs are met with satisfaction. 

Thank you all and have a great weekend!