🗣️ [Mentor Ankit Wadhwa] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Ankit Wadhwa] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Ankit Wadhwa (@AWmindtreewho will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Professional (AD0-E555) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Ankit

ankitwadhwa.jpg

Marketing Solutions Consultant, Marketing Automation Corp. | Adobe SME- Marketo Engage |  Adobe Certified Architect- Marketo Engaged | 6x Adobe Certified Expert- Marketo Engage

Aspirants mapped to @AWmindtree 

1. @hebrindell 
  2. Kushbu Chugh
  3. @hashmathm 
  4. Mohit Kumar
  5. @koreybeaver 
  6. Anuradha Bhardwaj
  7. @paruljasuja 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Ankit, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Ankit and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Professional (AD0-E555) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

32 REPLIES 32
koreybeaver
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ankit Wadhwa] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello! I'm Korey, Marketing Ops Manager at People Data Labs. I live in Maple Park, IL, and I've been using Marketo Engage for about 2 years. Very excited to be a part of this!

hebrindell
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Ankit Wadhwa] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @AWmindtree and other Aspirants! Really excited to be here and work towards achieving our certification together! My name is Hillary and I work for a hospital system in Houston, Texas. We've been using Marketo for almost two years and it's been really fun learning the product. I look forward to e-meeting all of you as well! 

koreybeaver
Level 2

Hello and nice to meet you!

AWmindtree
Level 4

Hi @hebrindell @koreybeaver @paruljasuja (unable to tag other aspirants..lol)

Welcome to the Mentorship program. Nice to e-meet you all. 
I am Ankit, your Marketo buddy. I am based out of India and work for a Canada-based company. Working as Strategist, Consultant, Technical Architect here. 
My major experience comes with implementation and strateging Marketo with the MarTech stack. Happy to meet and support y'all in your Marketo journey. 
Feel free to drop in your queries, or general discussions in this thread. I'll do my best to share my knowledge with you all. Looking forward to exciting stuff in this journey.
I can also be reached out @ https://www.linkedin.com/in/awadhwaa/
Thanks
Ankit W

koreybeaver
Level 2

Hey @AWmindtree ! I have a question I'm hoping you can help with!

I'm about to follow the steps in the article listed below to sync over some bizible fields that are part of a custom object in salesforce. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/crm-sync/salesforce-sync/sfdc-...

Step 3 has me disabling the Global Sync and Step 6 has me reenabling it. What will this do exactly? Bit nervous to do that because I'm not quite sure what will happen haha.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

AWmindtree
Level 4

Hi @koreybeaver 
Interesting one. 

By carefully disabling and re-enabling the global sync during Custom Object updates, Marketo ensures that the schema syncs correctly and that there are minimal disruptions to ongoing operations in Marketo. This method provides a robust approach to maintaining data integrity and operational continuity.

So, you can just disable the sync Refresh the schema for the Custom Object you wish to sync, and Enable the sync back. 
Once, your schema is built in Marketo the SF Custom Object data will sync to Marketo. 

PS: You can only use SF Custom Object data to appear in Filters and triggers in Marketo. You'll not be able to see the data in the Record level in Marketo. 

Hope this helps. 

koreybeaver
Level 2

This was very helpful, thank you! And yes that's perfect, I will only be using the fields/data for triggers and don't necessarily need to see it on records.

koreybeaver
Level 2

For those of us actively using marketo right now, i thought taking a screenshot of your folder structure would be a fun icebreaker! I recently went through and did an overhaul of ours a few weeks ago.

koreybeaver_1-1717078462452.png

hebrindell
Level 2

Ours is almost identical, just a different naming convention! We also put "DO NOT TOUCH" on our top level Operational folder... just to make sure it was clear that wasn't where friends should be looking for things.