Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Dan Sisu] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

nmillar
Level 3

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Dan Sisu] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thanks! So if the exam is mentioning 2 products that will be the same segments, funnel types or business units, most likely it would be fine to use one RCM then, right? πŸ™‚

derelict_wombat
Level 5

Yes! If both products goes through the same or similar sales process then a single RCM should be fine.  Its really if they are completely separate where you would funnel where you need another model.  

Example could be business that caters to both B2B and B2C.   Think maybe of something like antivirus software.  The business version of the software might be a 6-12 month sales cycle with multiple stages to capture all the touch points between the lead being created and the opportunity closing with a sale, etc.  Whereas for a consumer buying it for home might get added to the database, hit with a couple of emails and then buy it through ecom in a day or two.   Very different Lifecyle based on two types of products and target audiences.

nmillar
Level 3

Thank you so much, this is very helpful! I appreciate your example!

alludoalex
Level 4

@nmillar - In my experience, the use of multiple RCM's have shown up most frequently when an enterprise owns several separate lines of business.

Corporation A has it's own set of products, or has combined them into a suite. 

Multiple RCM's would be used when Corp A buys Startups X and Y and intends to run them separately, with different sales teams, and as Dan said, different funnels. 

nmillar
Level 3

When merging marketo instances, what would you say is the best way to prioritize campaigns/programs/assets that need to be moved over? Is it typical that the company being acquired always gets merged into the instance that acquired them?

derelict_wombat
Level 5

@nmillar - Just some thoughts on this from my personal experience: 

@nmillar wrote:

When merging marketo instances, what would you say is the best way to prioritize campaigns/programs/assets that need to be moved over?

I think you would want to look at operational flows first, things like data normalization, compliance, lead lifecycle, and scoring, etc.  These you would want to compare against each other in order to see what is missing and either update the original workflows or migrate over anything that is missing and needed to support the new busniess. 

After operational you probably want to focus on what is needed to "keep the lights on".  Contact forms, landing page and email templates(assuming you are not merging the brands).   After that any ongoing engagement/nurture campaigns.   

You really  don't want to bring EVERYTHING over as that will just clutter the instance.  i've had a lot of conversations around this during a migration where they wanted to bring over EVERYTHING and we had to put our foot down and focus on what is absolutely necessary.    

Is it typical that the company being acquired always gets merged into the instance that acquired them?

For what is "typical" i think it really depends on the specifics.  A couple things to consider: 

• Is the acquired company moving to the original's CRM platform?  
  • How large is the database size between the original and the acquired intendance? 
  • How complicated is the data structure?
  • etc.  

I think the exam will be looking for a specific answer to this one and I'd guess it probably will say that yes it is "typical", but in reality can be a bit messy sometimes πŸ˜

Would LOVE to hear other people's thoughts on this question though. 

ajnav
Level 2

For me whenever I am doing migrations I usually have an inventory sheet. I start with a few different categories

Nurtures
Campaigns
Emails

Landing Pages

Forms

I then prioritize based on what programs need to be running to keep the lights on such as Lifecycle, Lead Scoring, Demo Request, ect...

This is how i prioritize immediate things to move over vs nice to have! hope this helps πŸ™‚ 

nmillar
Level 3

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Alex Phi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi everyone!

One question I keep struggling with is the ones that are focused on ROI. It usually has something to do with the program analyzer reporting. For example, I have seen one in a previous practice exam where they give you the channel (example: Webinars, Tradeshows, etc...) and then they give you a bunch of numbers (MQLS, SQLS, opportunities, opportunity amount) and ask which one has the best ROI or which one should they stop focusing on? I understand what ROI is, but what is the best way to approach this question? It's a lot of wording, a lot of numbers and I feel like I am focusing on the wrong thing or missing something. 

alludoalex
Level 4

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Alex Phi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@nmillar - The test questions I've seen on this have been similar to below. My advice to you would be to not get too overwhelmed by the details and look for the lowest cost/investments first, and then ballpark the highest fractions.  

Afterwards, read the question again and see if it checks out with the business concerns:

If you haven't answered this one, it's a great quiz question - so let me know your thoughts!

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 11.17.21β€―PM.png

nmillar
Level 3

In this case they would increase their webinars right because that is the least expensive and producing high ROI? Thank you!