How to test Facebook lead generation form functionality without viewing the advertisement on Facebook
Use the lead ads testing tool by clicking on the link - https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing to create a test lead.
You should use this tool with a valid Facebook Ad Account.
- Login to Facebook with the same account you used to set up the integration with Marketo.
- Select the Page and Form you want to create a test lead from. Ensure the Marketo app (APP ID 1480829408843427) is diplayed on "WEBHOOK SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE SELECTED PAGE" section.
- Click on the "Create Lead" button.
- In the "WEBHOOK SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE SELECTED PAGE" Click on "Track Status" button which updates real time until you get a response from Marketo.
If you do not have the "WEBHOOK SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE SELECTED PAGE" in Facebook, complete the following:
- Go into the Facebook Lead Ad Launchpoint service in Marketo and unselect all the pages. Finish the setup and save. Do not delete the Launchpoint service but de-select the pages
- Go back into the Facebook Lead Ad Launchpoint service and re-select the list of pages. Finish the setup and save. This will kick in the code that registers the webhooks on the pages again. It is important to go through step 1 first or the code will not re-register the page.
- Try creating a lead using the lead ad testing tool.
- In Marketo, the email address "email@example.com" should be created.