Lead owners are required when syncing a lead to Salesforce, but is there a way we can sync them without assigning a lead owner? Yes there is, and it's called lead queues!
How to do it:
- Lead queues must be set up in Salesforce first. Like lead owners, the queues must be visible to the Marketo Sync user before they can be selected.
- Select the lead queue you want leads to be assigned to in the 'Sync Lead to SFDC' or 'Change Lead Owner' flow steps.
- Qualified leads that pass through this flow step with then be synced to Salesforce and assigned to the lead queue rather than a lead owner.
A few important notes:
- Only leads can be assigned to a lead queue, contacts cannot and must be assigned an owner.
- Assignment rules in Salesforce can conflict with the request sent from Marketo. Double check these assignment rules to make sure there are no conflicts.