SOLVED

Re: Unable to post in Products Discussion Board

Go to solution
Michael_Tucker1
Level 4

Unable to post in Products Discussion Board

I'm having problems posting in the Products Community board. I have created a post about a webhook but I get the following error when I try to post it:

Your content could not be saved due to an error. You may have been logged out. If this problem persists please contact your system administrator. Click here to refresh this page.

Any idea about how I can change that?

Michael

Michael Tucker
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

From Marketo's standpoint, an outbound webhook (from Wootric to Marketo) isn't a webhook. To Marketo, this is an inbound call, so you can't set up a Marketo Webhook definition that corresponds to this request. It needs to go someplace that understands it. However, neither the Marketo Forms endpoint nor the the REST API endpoint will understand Wootric's payload.

You could set up an intermediate gateway that Wootric sends to, and then the gateway transforms the request and relays it to Marketo in a format Marketo understands.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

How strange. Maybe it's something in your content itself?

Much as I appreciate you posting in the right place, you can ask the question in this thread while you wait to get the expected access over there.

Michael_Tucker1
Level 4

Thanks Sanford,

I'm trying to push response data from a Net Promoter Score system called Wootric into Marketo. The system uses outbound webhooks to do this using a HTTPS POST, but the data doesn't seem to be saving to the Marketo database.

According to the technical documentation (see Outgoing Webhooks​) there is a token in the header that encrypts the payload for this webhook using HMAC-SHA1. I think that the challenge is that I don't see where to place this token in Marketo. Is that the right issue or is there another way to resolve this?

Best regards,

Michael

Michael Tucker
SanfordWhiteman

From Marketo's standpoint, an outbound webhook (from Wootric to Marketo) isn't a webhook. To Marketo, this is an inbound call, so you can't set up a Marketo Webhook definition that corresponds to this request. It needs to go someplace that understands it. However, neither the Marketo Forms endpoint nor the the REST API endpoint will understand Wootric's payload.

You could set up an intermediate gateway that Wootric sends to, and then the gateway transforms the request and relays it to Marketo in a format Marketo understands.

Michael_Tucker1
Level 4

Ah, okay. I suspected that this was the situation. I've successfully built a workaround using Zapier and that seems to resolve the issue, but I thought that we might be able to do this in a more direct manner.

Thank you so much Sanford! I'll leave the thread about the Products board open, but this resolves that issue I was going to post about anyways.

Michael Tucker
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael, have you gotten any resolution on this? I am trying to post a new discussion and I can't get it to post to ANYWHERE - not Products, not Discussion, nada. I have logged out and back in and am an admin so shouldn't have access rights...And have successfully started a discussion before.

Michael_Tucker1
Level 4

Hi Eleanor,

You know, I never did resolve the ability to post on this specific question. I've been able to post since then, but Sanford Whiteman resolved this question so I just moved on...

If you're really stuck, I'd ping Janet Dulsky​ who has been extremely helpful in resolving any issues I've had with the Marketo Nation platform.

Does that help?

Michael

Michael Tucker