SOLVED

Re: How to ensure everyone is notified of Marketo announcements?

Go to solution
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens You'll want the "Following" button. The Configure button only shows for my view because of the admin privileges.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right now, I just have "Following" checked (not "Inbox").  So are you asking that I simply uncheck "Following" and then re-check it?

pastedImage_0.png

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Yes, uncheck following, but then re-check Following and also Inbox also please.

Dan_Stevens_

But won't that subscribe me to EVERYTHING in the products sections (resulting in a slew of email notifications)?

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​, with the "Inbox" option checked, yes, it probably will. Honestly I'm not sure about that one either, but that's what our Community Support team is recommending. I only have the "Following" option checked on mine and I get the notifications without any problems, so if you only checked the "Following" option, that would probably work. With that toggled, if you're still not getting notifications, we can try the "Inbox" option next.

Dan_Stevens_

I toggled the "following" checkbox - let's see if that works.  I'm not checking "inbox" though - I receive enough emails as it is when no one is adding real substance to a discussion - for example, when someone marks a discussion as "helpful" that I'm already subscribed to.

Are you able to send out a test announcement so that we can determine if this solution worked?

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​ We'll be posting a new announcement into the Products  space momentarily-ish. Hang tight.

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Daniel Stevens​ Ok, we just got the announcement posted. Let me know if you get the notification in your inbox!

Dan_Stevens_

Got it - in both my community inbox and Outlook inbox:

pastedImage_0.png

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Awesome! That's good to know it worked.

Sarah Herrmann​, if you didn't get this last announcement, you should try un-checking and re-checking the Following option on the page as described above.

Looks like we're all set here