SOLVED

Re: How to ensure everyone is notified of Marketo announcements?

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Mike, thanks for looking into this.  A couple points:

• If something on our company's servers was intercepting these emails, would the same happened for ANY notification sent from the community?  I get everything else.
  • If these notifications were being sent to my inbox in the community, shouldn't they at least show up there?
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​ That may make a big difference here. Are you saying that you get the emails from other notifications? I was under the impression that you weren't getting any emails at all.

If there is an Announcement (like the screenshot above), then that should show in your notifications. If you just didn't get the notification for the announcement, then you wouldn't get the email either.

Dan_Stevens_

Correct - I'm receiving all email notifications (replies to discussions/ideas that I follow/create, people following me, private messages, etc.).  I think we should be determining why the announcements aren't even making it to my community inbox.

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​ Ok, so that's probably something different. Check the space directly and see if you're following the space

Following.PNG

Check in Products  and also Support  as well since those are the two main areas where the announcements like the one we were looking for will come out.

Dan_Stevens_

I'm following both (just like your screenshot shows).  But for important announcements, wouldn't that be something that gets sent out to all affected customers - regardless of what spaces they're following in the community?

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

It's set to Following by default, and that's the mechanism that is used to make sure the announcements reach the notifications when an announcement is made. We've been looking into some revisions in the announcements, but it's too early still to get into specifics there. Let me look closer into what prevented the announcement from getting to your notifications here and get back to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat as Dan - still not receiving critical alerts but am receiving all other nation community emails

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Sarah Herrmann​, thank you for the info. I'm investigating this from our side and will let you know as soon as I have more info

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​, Sarah Herrmann Can you try going to the Products page and first un-check the "following" options, then re-check both of them again?

pastedImage_0.png

We'll need to wait for another announcement again to test this, but let's give this a try.

Dan_Stevens_

I don't have a "Configure" button available.

pastedImage_0.png