SOLVED

Re: How to ensure everyone is notified of Marketo announcements?

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

How to ensure everyone is notified of Marketo announcements?

After reading through some of the discussions from today, Marketo posted some important announcements regarding issues that many customers were experiencing.  Even though my notification preferences are setup properly, I didn't receive anything via email - and was completely unaware of this.  Is the community setup as such so that every customer will receive these announcements without having to physically logon to the community?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Dan Stevens​, Sarah Herrmann Can you try going to the Products page and first un-check the "following" options, then re-check both of them again?

pastedImage_0.png

We'll need to wait for another announcement again to test this, but let's give this a try.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

It typically goes to the account holders email address, you may want to ask support to put your email address on the list

Dan_Stevens_

I'm the main contact (and Admin) for our company's instance.  I'll reach out to support to confirm this is correct on their end.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Yesterday we did have posted several P1 announcements, however an alert was not emailed out to customers. The primary reason for this as I understand it is that the problems did not impact all customers and would cause confusion to those it does not apply to.

For example, one of the problems was a 503 Bad Gateway error for the REST API. Customers who do not have custom integrations relying on the REST API would not be affected by this. Another problem was related to the Salesforce integration and would not impact customers who sync with a different CRM like Microsoft Dynamics or don't sync with a CRM at all.

Although I'm not responsible for decisions about whether or not to mass email our customers, I would assume this is the logic - it's better to put an alert on the Community to see if someone goes there to log a case, rather than invite a *massive* influx of support cases from customers who are wondering if the problem would affect them.

Grant

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

With larger P1 alerts such as the ones we had yesterday, we will post announcements on the Community's Product and Support pages.You can set up your Community Profile preferences to send you an email notice when these come out, so that way you'll get an email sent to you for immediate notification.

To get this set up, just click on your profile icon in the upper right corner and select Preferences. From that page, make sure that you have "Inbox: Alerts" enabled for email alerts and that will switch the feature on!

Email preferences.PNG

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Good to know, Mike! Thanks

Dan_Stevens_

Mike - that option is set exactly in my profile.  So are you saying I should have received those P1 alert notifications?  If so, then something isn't working properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue for me @Dan Stevens. Didn't receive any of the P1 notifications but was set up to receive all alerts via Email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan and Sarah

Can you both please check your spam to see if it landed there?

Dan_Stevens_

Just checked - nothing.  I receive every other notification just fine from the community.  And we have all of Marketo's IP addresses whitelisted.