Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many MCEs are there?

: ) But not everyone is loaded into the tool yet

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

I took the test and failed.  I know how to write custom javascript to set cookies on users computers to bypass forms, I know how to connect the API inbound and outbound for lead transfer, I've made completely token-driven landing page templates, emails and landing pages, I've written scripts to pre-gate assets, post-gate assets and delay gate, I have created multiple engagement programs with reiterative sends, probably close to 3,000 hours in Marketo but for the life of me I couldn't remember if the button to add a new user said "Add User" or "Add New User" when I took the exam.

Robb Barrett
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Robb Barrett, my best advice there is:

• Utilize the ramp-up and practice materials front to back, twice if needed
  • Know your terminology (it's specific as you mention)
  • Take several practice exams
  • Review the product documentation for the things you got wrong on the practice test
  • Take more practice exams
  • If at all possible, go to a proctored site; I found off-site testing to be more of a pain.
    • You must have an external camera that shows a full foot or two surrounding your computer and you
    • They interrupted/paused my test more times than I can count.
    • When I put earplugs in (because school had just ended and my kids were home) they stopped my testing to say I couldn't have headphones, so I proceeded to rip the wire between the two plugs right off
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

I took the pre-test and got 90+ on it.  Then I took the exam at the conference and failed.

Not that the MCE is useless, but it's $175 to put a company's logo on my LinkedIn page. It seems like it's more of a benefit to Marketo to have people with the badge than it is to actually have the badge, but I may be wrong. I just didn't see any tangible benefits to my company for having the badge on my LinkedIn page.

Robb Barrett
Geoff_Krajeski1

If you are referring to the Summit this past April, all MCE exam takers were offered a free retake by a certain period.

The exam preparation materials were not up to snuff as admitted by Marketo, so they revamped the materials here: http://learnadmin.marketo.com/ContentDetails.aspx?id=83BE4E182F3A423FABC045F276F4137D

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Yeah, I was in contact with someone about it but it was a long time between replies from her and finally I just gave up. It was embarassing enough to have to go back to my boss and tell her she spent $175 for me to fail and try to explain how pointless the questions were.

I'm bitter. I had a really bad experience as a result of the Summit exam and I absolutely see no value in the Cert other than helping Marketo get it's logo out in more places.  Relevant work experience trumps a certification based on memorization of trivial points of the program.

Robb Barrett
Geoff_Krajeski1

I also failed at the Summit in April, FYI, like so many others....