SOLVED

Re: Setting a different time zone when scheduling a batch campaign

Go to solution
Mariana
Level 2

Setting a different time zone when scheduling a batch campaign

Hello,

I wanted to know if it is possible to change the setting time zone when scheduling a batch campaign.

In this moment time time zone that it set is West, would it be possible for that to change?

Mariana_0-1692368394437.png

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Marketo has two options for setting timezones: one is for user-level timezone settings (Marketo Admin > My Account > Location Settings > Time Zone) and the second is for the entire instance-level timezone setting (Marketo Admin > Location > Default Location Settings > Time Zone). With the former, the instance time zone doesn't change, only you see the times everywhere in the instance (with a few exceptions in reports) as per the timezone set, and with the latter, you can update the time for the entire instance, and users w/o any timezone set get changed to this instance timezone too. However, I don't think you can just change the timezones selectively for a few campaigns, it applies at the user/instance level across all the modules.

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1

I agree and feel you, @Zoe_Forman! Being able to have the Recipient Time Zone setting in a campaign/Send Email flow step would be a great feature addition indeed. Also, with engagement programs, if you have all the content as plain email assets (i.e., no nested default programs) in the stream, you can enable the Recipient Time Zone setting while setting the stream cadence.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

Marketo has two options for setting timezones: one is for user-level timezone settings (Marketo Admin > My Account > Location Settings > Time Zone) and the second is for the entire instance-level timezone setting (Marketo Admin > Location > Default Location Settings > Time Zone). With the former, the instance time zone doesn't change, only you see the times everywhere in the instance (with a few exceptions in reports) as per the timezone set, and with the latter, you can update the time for the entire instance, and users w/o any timezone set get changed to this instance timezone too. However, I don't think you can just change the timezones selectively for a few campaigns, it applies at the user/instance level across all the modules.

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Having the ability to adjust send schedule for recipients own time zones not the users time zone in a region such as EMEA which spans from UK/Europe/Africa/ Middle East  to India would be a great addition so all could receive at say 10:10 local time which could be 6 hours span.

Even sub regions could have a span of 3 to 4 hours globally.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Recipient Time Zone is an existing feature, though geared toward Email type programs (not Default).
Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Yes Recipient time zone is great for email sends, but it doesn't help nurture or programs.

While we can have 6 to 8 languages which can be matched to Country time zones, but an English program can spread across 8 hours - so opposite ends of a working day.

Darshil_Shah1

I agree and feel you, @Zoe_Forman! Being able to have the Recipient Time Zone setting in a campaign/Send Email flow step would be a great feature addition indeed. Also, with engagement programs, if you have all the content as plain email assets (i.e., no nested default programs) in the stream, you can enable the Recipient Time Zone setting while setting the stream cadence.