Re: Conversational Flows based on web activity

avaroglu
Level 2

Conversational Flows based on web activity

My organization currently uses Intercom as our chatbot, but I believe there are other ways we could utilize Dynamic Chat that we are not currently using. Wondering if anyone has experience with creating conversational flows based on website activity? Rather than a form fill? I noticed in this article: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/demand-generation/dynamic-chat/au...
that you can also create conversational flows triggered on a visitor clicking a link on your website and was curious for anyone who has done this, what has been the most successful? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Conversational Flows based on web activity

Yes, @avaroglu. That's an excellent use case for the conversational flows. You can set various parameters of your conversational flow in its Settings tab under the Conversation Trigger section, e.g., popup vs. inline, when you want to trigger the conversational flow—on page load or on click, etc.—and based on that, the JavaScript would get updated automatically. Once you're done finalizing the conversational flow trigger settings, you can copy the JS and add it to your page.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1710434467744.png

A good example of a use case is when a visitor clicks a "Free Trial" button. A message pops up asking if they have any questions before signing up. Marketo has also posted the conversational flow on their page for users to see it in action here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/tools/marketo-dynamic-chatbot/conversations-sdk/

You can also use Conversational flows to ask qualifying questions to visitors (e.g., when they are trying to book a meeting, sign up for a free demo, etc.), provide the answers to common questions, FAQs, troubleshooting steps/knowledgebase, etc., before letting users submit a ticket or request to talk to customer support, etc. Conversational flow has a ton of use-cases, and when used in right place, it's effective. I feel one just needs to be a bit creative and think carefully about where it can be used.