SOLVED

Click at least 3 of 5 emails - Transition Rule on Nurture Porgram

Go to solution
Mariana
Level 2

Click at least 3 of 5 emails - Transition Rule on Nurture Porgram

Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible to create a transition rule that says "if the lead clicks at least 3 different links of the 5 links in these emails, move them to stream 2".

If this is not possible, can we do it in a campaign?

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Click at least 3 of 5 emails - Transition Rule on Nurture Porgram

You can add all the emails and all the links within them in the Clicked Link filter and use a Minimum Number of Times = 3 constraint.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1684494602910.png

However, with the above setup, there could be a case where a person would qualify for this filtering condition if they didn't click 3 unique links, i.e., they end up clicking the same link multiple times. To avoid this, you could do some complex setup where each email click is listened for, then you figure out who clicked in at least 3 of those assets (see combinations below, all of the 10 combinations should go in OR with each other).

• Clicked on A, B, and C Email links
  • Clicked on A, B, and D Email links
  • Clicked on A, B, and E Email links
  • Clicked on A, C, and D Email links
  • Clicked on A, C, and E Email links
  • Clicked on A, D, and E Email links
  • Clicked on B, C, and D Email links
  • Clicked on B, C, and E Email links
  • Clicked on B, D, and E Email links
  • Clicked on C, D, and E Email links

Also, in general, sure managing transitions via a smart campaign instead is always a sane choice because of the flexibility and is a bit easier to manage, etc., if you're going with the method 1, i.e., use Min. Number of Time constraint, then you can use either to setup the transition - a smart campaign or a transition rule, but if you're planning to go with the latter, you'd need to go with the smart campaign as the transition rules only allow usage of ALL filtering logic for the filters.

Also, don't you have a scoring model/Revenue Stage modeler setup? I'd rather use those to manage the nurture transitions instead of such complicated setup as above.

View solution in original post

emilyghenson
Level 2

Hi Mariana,

In addition to Darshil's suggestion on how to configure your stream transitions, I'd also recommend adding a bot activity is false constraint on your trigger as well. Since you're relying on multiple link clicks in order for the recipient to qualify for a transition (and bot scanner activity often acts similarly to the transition criteria you are looking for) this will hopefully help cut down on the bot noise and help you transition people who actively clicked multiple links.Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 4.45.01 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Emily Henson

Campaign Operations at Etumos

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

You can add all the emails and all the links within them in the Clicked Link filter and use a Minimum Number of Times = 3 constraint.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1684494602910.png

However, with the above setup, there could be a case where a person would qualify for this filtering condition if they didn't click 3 unique links, i.e., they end up clicking the same link multiple times. To avoid this, you could do some complex setup where each email click is listened for, then you figure out who clicked in at least 3 of those assets (see combinations below, all of the 10 combinations should go in OR with each other).

• Clicked on A, B, and C Email links
  • Clicked on A, B, and D Email links
  • Clicked on A, B, and E Email links
  • Clicked on A, C, and D Email links
  • Clicked on A, C, and E Email links
  • Clicked on A, D, and E Email links
  • Clicked on B, C, and D Email links
  • Clicked on B, C, and E Email links
  • Clicked on B, D, and E Email links
  • Clicked on C, D, and E Email links

Also, in general, sure managing transitions via a smart campaign instead is always a sane choice because of the flexibility and is a bit easier to manage, etc., if you're going with the method 1, i.e., use Min. Number of Time constraint, then you can use either to setup the transition - a smart campaign or a transition rule, but if you're planning to go with the latter, you'd need to go with the smart campaign as the transition rules only allow usage of ALL filtering logic for the filters.

Also, don't you have a scoring model/Revenue Stage modeler setup? I'd rather use those to manage the nurture transitions instead of such complicated setup as above.

Mariana
Level 2

Hi,

If using the first option, would this be set up correctly:

Mariana_0-1684508594673.png

We have that scoring model/Revenue Stage modeler setup, how could we build that transition rule with that?

Thank you

Darshil_Shah1

You're okay to add all the emails and links in a single "Clicks Link in Email" trigger - as multiple triggers are executed in OR condition, and multiple values in a single trigger (or even filter) also operate in the OR condition. Additionally, you can also directly add the Minimum Number of Times = 3 constraint in the trigger itself. When a person clicks on any link specified in any of the 5 emails, Marketo would look for past activities and would let person qualify only if it finds other 2 qualifying activities in the person's activity log. Hope this makes sense. Let us know if you have questions.

Re scoring/RCM modeler, if you have a framework that updates the scoring / RCM stages upon differnt engagements (including clicks), then you can use scoring threshold (Person/Behavior Score is at least x value) or when a person hits a certain RCM stage instead of directly referencing the clicks in the transition rules, but in your case since you may want to only let people change stream when they have clicked at least 3 of the specified links in those 5 selected emails and not include interactions from other emails too, you can disregard it.

emilyghenson
Level 2

Hi Mariana,

In addition to Darshil's suggestion on how to configure your stream transitions, I'd also recommend adding a bot activity is false constraint on your trigger as well. Since you're relying on multiple link clicks in order for the recipient to qualify for a transition (and bot scanner activity often acts similarly to the transition criteria you are looking for) this will hopefully help cut down on the bot noise and help you transition people who actively clicked multiple links.Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 4.45.01 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Emily Henson

Campaign Operations at Etumos