SOLVED

Adding a link for members to switch from one nurture stream to another

Go to solution
Peter471
Level 2

Adding a link for members to switch from one nurture stream to another

Hello!

So I'm working on a nurture campaign that focuses on sending out a weekly newsletter to our subscribers. There's going to be a "Main Track" stream that simply delivers weekly overall updates from our blog involving the three main product lines we offer. But we are planning on having three separate streams within the nurture campaign that members can switch to so they can receive product line-specific newsletters.

Is there a way to include links within the Main Track emails so members can click on it to say "I want to receive X Product specific newsletters"? If so, would I then edit Stream Transition rules or add a Smart Campaign to handle that change?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Adding a link for members to switch from one nurture stream to another

Standard Transition Rules, if you're already using them, will work fine for this. (This is a very basic application of moving people between streams.)

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Agreed with Sandy's point here! Moreover, for your reference, the standard stream transition rules are always trigger-based, i.e., you need to have at least one trigger in transition rules (you can't have only filters in them). On the contrary, smart campaigns are much more flexible, they could be set up to transition people to the desired stream using triggers or filters. In general, smart campaigns are much more versatile, flexible, and allow marketers to see the results of flow in one place (in the campaign's results tab).

But, for your use case specifically, you can use either (SC or stream transition rules) to manage transitions as you'd probably use the Clicks Link in Email trigger for transitioning people to the appropriate stream (be wary about the potential clicks from email scanners that may wrongly transition people to a different stream even if the person didn't actually click that link in the email).

Lastly, you'd probably know this, but FYR - transition rules in the stream are pull-based, i.e., you need to define the respective rules on the stream that you want to pull into.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Standard Transition Rules, if you're already using them, will work fine for this. (This is a very basic application of moving people between streams.)

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Agreed with Sandy's point here! Moreover, for your reference, the standard stream transition rules are always trigger-based, i.e., you need to have at least one trigger in transition rules (you can't have only filters in them). On the contrary, smart campaigns are much more flexible, they could be set up to transition people to the desired stream using triggers or filters. In general, smart campaigns are much more versatile, flexible, and allow marketers to see the results of flow in one place (in the campaign's results tab).

But, for your use case specifically, you can use either (SC or stream transition rules) to manage transitions as you'd probably use the Clicks Link in Email trigger for transitioning people to the appropriate stream (be wary about the potential clicks from email scanners that may wrongly transition people to a different stream even if the person didn't actually click that link in the email).

Lastly, you'd probably know this, but FYR - transition rules in the stream are pull-based, i.e., you need to define the respective rules on the stream that you want to pull into.

Peter471
Level 2

Gotcha! That makes a lot of sense. Definitely clears up my confusion between using SC or transition rules in this case. I'll go with the transition rules then.

Thanks Darshil and Sanford!