Re: Subscription Center Checkboxes not autofilling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscription Center Checkboxes not autofilling

Hey everyone!

I just put together a neat little subscription center to give our subscribers more options about what content they'd like to receive from us.

It's a big win--there's only one problem:

I've set the subscription settings as BOOLEAN variables, and the form updates these fields correctly when the form is submitted, but the checkboxes are not pre-filled as intended.

Obviously we want the fields to be auto-filled to keep people defaulting into subscriptions they already have.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Is your form being added to a non Marketo landing page? Form 2.0 on non Marketo LPs are not prepopulating. It’s a known issue within the community.

I have not tested it but try and add the form to a Marketo LP and see if its prepopulating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is on a Marketo LP.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Forms 2.0 can be pre-populated on a non-Marketo LP using a Data Transfer Object.  Sample code by Sanford Whiteman for this technique can be found in the Aug 26 NY MUG presentation slides at NYC MUG 2015-08 v2 by sanford.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is on a Marketo LP.

There are multiple forms on this landing page, and the other forms are populating correctly.

I double-checked the variables, and the data is there, it's just not pre-filling. I was thinking there may be some peculiarities with Checkboxes interacting with BOOLEAN values? When the form is submitted, the values update correctly on the back end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford Whiteman​, those are some really interesting slides - are the {}> etc links within some of the slides meant to link to external files, or am I missing something?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The arrows are meant to reveal "horizontal" slides (Slides.com lets you arrange slides up-and-down as well as start-to-end).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok, just retried it. All good now. Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Let me know if you have any questions!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having the issue of the page loading faster than Marketo could pre-fill the new values, so I was seeing the old values instead of the new ones.

To get around this issue I dragged on an HTML code area to the page and inserted this javascript to load the page once more after the initial load.

<script type="text/javascript">

window.onload = function() {

if(!window.location.hash) {

window.location = window.location + '#loaded';

window.location.reload();

}

}

</script>