SOLVED

Re: Date conditional logic in workflow?

Go to solution
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Date conditional logic in workflow?

Question for the experts on how you'd accomplish this:

I have Webinar programs and I want to set status based on conditional dates.

Apparently this is not allowed:

IF {{system.datetime}} IS AFTER {{my.Webinar Date}} then CHANGE PROGRAM STATUS TO "Attended On Demand"

Else if

{{system.datetime}} IS EARLIER THAN {{my.Webinar Date}} then CHANGE PROGRAM STATUS TO "Registered for Event"

Robb Barrett
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Well,

BECAUSE , AFAIK, this simply not possible to use a token in a choice. Hence the Idea to vote for. But this is something I have not been testing for a while, so may be it would be worth giving it a try and I would be pleased to be wrong on this

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robb,

Did you try,

IF {{my.Webinar Date}}  is BEFORE {{system.datetime}} then CHANGE PROGRAM STATUS TO "Attended On Demand"

Else if

{{my.Webinar Date}}  is LATER THAN {{system.datetime}} then CHANGE PROGRAM STATUS TO "Registered for Event"

instead?

That might work. I did not execute the smart campaign I created to test it. But Marketo did not give an error (red underline) on anything on the flow step.

Other option,

Use a 'webhook' to compare 2 dates. At BrightHooks.com, I have a webhook that accepts 2 dates, compares them and returns 'true' or 'false' if date1 is earlier than date2. You can save it in a field and use it for conditional processing in the nest flow step.

Hope this helps

Rajesh Talele

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Doesn't work.  I tried Fills Out Form After Date and I tried a conditional on the Change Program Status flow date.  Dynamic values not allowed.

Robb Barrett
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Robb,

Start with a vote here:

You could create a formula lead field which value would be {{system.datetime}}, but you will still not be able to compare it to {{my.webinar date}}.

-Greg

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

GM - you need to finish that sentence with a BECAUSE....

Robb Barrett
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Well,

BECAUSE , AFAIK, this simply not possible to use a token in a choice. Hence the Idea to vote for. But this is something I have not been testing for a while, so may be it would be worth giving it a try and I would be pleased to be wrong on this

-Greg

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

You're correct. There's no way to compare dates.

Robb Barrett