A lead could become a member of a program with one of the following 7 options:
1. Filling out a form on a landing page in a program
2. When the lead is member of an imported list, this lead becomes a member of the program where the list was uploaded
3. When the lead registers or attends a webinar synced with an event program
4. When a lead is created using the Marketo iPad check-in app
5. When the Program Status Flow action was used
6. When the lead was added to the SFDC campaign that is synched with the program
7. When a list was imported to a group list in the database under Advanced Acquisition Program is selected
This is information is really valuable for the Certification Exam Preparation.
When the lead is member of an imported list, this lead becomes a member of the program where the list was uploaded
Hi Karina - this will only be the case IF you select that program name as the "Acquisition Program" in step 3 of the import process (and if they already have AP defined - within another program - you should not change this value). Simply adding someone to a static list within a program will not make them members of that program.
Check out the bottom portion of this thread where we have a productive discussion around this exact topic: