Re: Account Based Mail

Marne_Reed
Level 2

Account Based Mail

Using Direct Mail in Your Account Based Marketing

Tangible pieces like direct mail can augment your digital practices and gain higher response rates than email alone.

According to a recent Info Trends report, response rates jump from 7.4% (print only) and 7.9% (email only) to 9.5% when the campaigns are multi-channel. Direct mail’s engagement rate is very high, with two-thirds of direct mail being handled. The integration of direct mail into your ABM campaign can be both strategic and scalable.

In this guide, we’ll show you just how to do it!

6 REPLIES 6
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Looks like a really interesting read here!  I just took a quick scan, but looking forward to doing a deeper dive.  We use direct mail within our ABM accounts at Avanade.  We even tried to integrate the experience using Marketo PURLs - but unfortunately, that capability still falls short in that regard:

Re: Using PURLs and Direct Mail?

Re: Undesired behavior when using Personalized URLs PURLs

I'm hoping Christina Fuentealba still has this on the roadmap.

Marne_Reed
Level 2

Dan, one of the ways our customers are seeing such great success rates is by having their direct mail as integrated channel in their Marketo campaign. This accomplishes two things. One, they are only sending a physical piece to the right person, at the right time, with the right message by using the behavioral data in their Marketo platform to inform the trigger. Second, we pass the delivery information back into Marketo so that you can take the next appropriate action in the campaign flow. A good example is, direct mail piece was delivered, trigger an email to the appropriate sales rep to do a timely follow-up call.

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Marne - that's exactly how we want to integrate DM as yet another channel in Marketo.  But where we hit a wall is when the person that we're delivering the DM piece to has yet to be cookied.  So when they arrive to personalized LPs with the PURL that's included in the DM piece, the "experience" breaks due to the issues I highlighted above with PURLs in Marketo.

Marne_Reed
Level 2

Got it. Sorry for the miss. Let me check with the team to see if they have figured a workaround for this.

Marne_Reed
Level 2

Dan - look what I found out at Summit!

2017-04-28_15-52-53.jpg

Dan_Stevens_

I know, this is great news!  Christina - the product lead for pURLs at Marketo - called me the week before Summit to notify me of the new capability.