AnsweredAssumed Answered

What do I keep when we re-launch Marketo with a new instance?

Question asked by Adrienne Sandrin on Sep 30, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2019 by Josh Pickles

Hello,

I'm preparing to stand up a fresh new instance of Marketo. At this point the instance I inherited is a little muddy. Our database has been neglected for a long time, we have over 27,000 duplicates and the data we have collected just sits in our instance and doesn't go anywhere because our proprietary "CRM" doesn't allow Marketo to send it any data. We have over 100 custom fields that IT "gave" the marketing department in Marketo after they got rid of Salesforce and built an in-house customer database with little-to-no marketing automation support. So we have a series of poorly-named and un-used fields plus leftover fields from when we used to used Salesforce. 

Now we are cleaning the messy data and getting a real enterprise-level CRM again, so we are going to start with a new Marketo instance, but I am not sure what to keep and what to toss. I'd love to hear from anyone with experience in re-launching Marketo or what you may have done when you inherited a poor implementation of Marketo.

Thanks in advance!!

Adrienne

Outcomes