5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2018 11:27 PM by Digital Pi

Error with velocity token sending sample email: Rendered_Email_Velocity_Error_Area_?! Error invoking method 'get(java.lang.Integer)'

Digital Pi

When trying to send a sample email that has a velocity token, I get the following error:

An error occurred when procesing the email Rendered_Email_Velocity_Error_Area_?!

Error invoking method 'get(java.lang.Integer)' in java.util.ArrayList near

The velocity token is attempting to create a Velocity variable from the value of a lead field:

#if( $lead.apptConfirmation.isEmpty() )
      #set(  $lead.apptConfirmation = '[]' )
      #end

#set($myDetails = '#set( $myDetails = ' + $lead.apptConfirmation  + ')' )
      #evaluate( $myDetails )

${myDetails[0].LastName}    <br/>
      ${myDetails[1].LastName}  <br/>

If I changes line 05 to reference a static string instead of a lead field everything works:

#set($myDetails = '#set( $myDetails = ' + '[{"LastName": "Last1"},{"LastName": "Last2"}]' + ')' )

Any ideas why the top is not working?

It seems Marketo does not want me to reference a field within a #set directive.

I am essentially following the ideas laid out by Sanford Whiteman's blog on using JSON in Velocity but am getting this unexpected error so I assume others have gotten this to work.

Message was edited by: Digital Pi  (changed 2nd 'email' to 'error' in first sentence

Peter Liske (peter@digitalpi.com)