Checking Phone numbers against Do Not Call List in EU countries

Abaran
Level 5

Checking Phone numbers against Do Not Call List in EU countries

Hello Community

I am trying to find a solution that works for all countries in the EU where we can check if any phone number we hold for our leads are not on a do not call list. The objetive is to ensure that our telesales team is not calling on companies that have requested not to be cold called.

Here are some example of government entities doing this. We are looking for something that can be automated via API across all of the EU to respect GDPR.

Thanks for the help

Axel

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Checking Phone numbers against Do Not Call List in EU countries

You don't want to use the (inbound) Marketo API.  You want to look up your leads against the DNC list, not the other way around, and you'd never have enough API calls to do this inbound (and it would kill your instance even if you did).

You'd use a webhook (i.e. Marketo's outbound API) for this. The webhook platform could reach out to each of these databases (in parallel for speed) for each of your leads. A one-time backfill will take care of the current database, then you run the webhook again when a new lead comes or a phone field changes.

Abaran
Level 5

Thanks Sanford. That makes perfect sense.

I am also trying to identify all the B2B DNC list across all EU countries. So far, it has been challenging to find an aggregation of it so we can have one vendor for it all.

Thanks

Axel

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Axel - we're dealing with these challenges today (primarily in the EU). Just circling back to see if you've identified a scalable/automated solution that integrates well into your Marketo environment. I'd appreciate any details you can share. Thanks!

Abaran
Level 5

Hi Dan

Unfortunately we have not. From what I have been told, only the UK has an official body that handles this where you can pay a subscription to validate the numbers. It is call the CTPS : https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatiscorporatetps.html

No other EU country seems to have something like that, that I could find.

If you find a solution, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!