7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2017 5:59 AM by Sara Barriuso

Does the Random Sample flow step work in a Trigger campaign?

Marisa Rybar

Hey everyone,

I am building out a new sales territory, which is assigned in a totally unique way in comparison to how the rest of our territories are assigned. The way this new territory needs to be set up is that there are 7 states which are going to be shared by 4 different sales teams. This is what needs to happen:

• Sales Team 1 should receive 32% of incoming leads in this territory
      • Sales Team 2 should receive 26% of incoming leads in this territory
      • Sales Team 3 should receive 22% of incoming leads in this territory
      • Sales Team 4 should receive 21% of incoming leads in this territory

The way I'm thinking this needs to be set up is that I have a smart campaign with a trigger of "person is created" and the states defined as filters, then the flow steps set up with the random sample as established above.

However, I wasn't sure if the random sample flow step would work outside of a batch campaign with a static list because that's the only way I've seen it referenced in other discussions, in which case I would imagine the way it would need to be set up would be that I'd have a smart campaign listening for when new people are created in this shared sales territory, with a flow step to add them to a new static list. Then, I'd have a second smart campaign set up with a trigger "Is Added to List" and the flow steps set up with the random sample as established above.

My other question though is this. Will this random sample work as a triggered campaign with the "person is created" trigger, or on a static list as it grows, or can it only work once on a static list through a batch campaign? (In other words, will the random sample flow step recognize the changes in list size and adjust the %'s accordingly?)

Here's how I have it set up right now (but haven't turned it on since I don't know if it will work):