AnsweredAssumed Answered

Webhook to create purposeful duplicates in Marketo is unreliable

Question asked by Dan Stevens. Expert on Jun 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 by Dan Stevens.

As part of our purposeful duplicate process (when CRM contacts are created in MS Dynamics) a basic webhook is called to create a fresh new lead:

We're finding that this is working very inconsistently for us.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  What's odd is that we always receive a common error type "Duplicate Lead" Failed. Server Returned code 302" - even when the webhook runs successfully.  When I asked Support about this, they came back with the following:

Engineering confirmed that the HTTP 302 message is not an error. Instead, it is the response code for a page redirect.

HTTP 302:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_302

With that being said; I've asked if Engineering can modify the wording being written in the activity log, to prevent any future confusion. I also pointed out that you are not aware of why the redirect is taking place in the first place, and asked if they could explain that as well.

But this doesn't explain why the webhook is working so inconsistently.  I know Sanford Whiteman commented last year that the loopback post is broken on some instances (The 3 Coolest Webhooks I've seen (and or) Implemented ).  Could this be the issue?  Any others experience this inconsistent behavior?

Outcomes