SOLVED

Revenue Model - Gates?

Go to solution
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Revenue Model - Gates?

When using Gates in the Revenue Model, will both stages following the gate will be in the success path? If you have a TQL team that transfers leads to 2 distinct sales organizations and would like to see the flow to and from these groups separately, Is using the Gate the right option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Revenue Model - Gates?

There are prob a few ways here

• Just use Revenue Stage Changes from X to Y. We know that your campaigns will NEVER do this, but at least the RCM understands the path is connected.
  • Have 2 RCMs - one for Enterprise, one for SMB.
  • Maybe something else.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

The gate can be a part of the success path or not.  It can also point to multiple stages that are a part of the success path

John_Clark1
Level 10

The trouble is that only leads that move along the success path exactly as it's laid out will get counted in the reporting.  For instance, a lead that moved from 3 to 4 and beyond will be considered to have gone through the success path, but a lead that moves from 3 to 5 will not.  As far as I understand it.

pastedImage_0.png

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Thanks John and Jamie. To illustrate what i am trying to accomplish:Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 11.41.58 PM.png

I see that success path is broken, in the visualization. I am concerned that this will impact my reporting.  The only documentation i can find around the definition of Gate, and I am not sure if I am not understanding what the gate is used for.

Josh_Hill13

Because there is no Transition from Sales Team Enterprise to Sales Team SMB, your success path is broken. I would be somewhat surprised if you were able to Validate the Model in this case, but it might work.

The Gate is just a routing point and it looks like it's a bit wrong here. Gates are best used to route leads you want to continue on Success vs. Leads that should be recycled or held back, for example. I don't think it even counts on the conversion point.

I would not necessarily use a gate at all here and instead just use TQL > SMB and TQL>Enterprise and connect a path for Enterprise>SMB just to keep the path right. I might have a diff answer if I knew more about your process. If TQL is deciding which Team the lead goes to, the transition should be directly from TQL. No gate required.

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Thanks Josh. A lead will never flow with Enterprise to SMB. The TQL team will decide which team will work the lead. If I connect Enterprise to SMB, Do I still put a transition rule while connecting them? How will this impact the Success Path Analyzer?

Josh_Hill13

There are prob a few ways here

• Just use Revenue Stage Changes from X to Y. We know that your campaigns will NEVER do this, but at least the RCM understands the path is connected.
  • Have 2 RCMs - one for Enterprise, one for SMB.
  • Maybe something else.
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

My only concern with using the two RCM is the impact it might have on the conversions since all the stages before SMB and Enterprise will be the same. However the impact might be a good one. Thanks for your help. This is great.