Process to marketing suspend

Anonymous
Not applicable

Process to marketing suspend

Hi all,

Im hoping to create a process that when a sales person identifies that a lead shouldn't be contact any more (and they do not have access to marketo) they can past the leads email address into a form and from there an automatic process kicks off that suspends the person.

Is this possible and if so can someone share some insight on how to achieve this.

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Process to marketing suspend

There are a couple ways to do this.

1)  Have the sales rep add the name to a form and then have a campaign trigger off of that form to add the name to the marketing suspended list

2)  If you have MSI you can just add the name to a campaign right through SFDC that processes the lead to marketing suspended as above,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jamie,

Just to help me narrow it down, which trigger should I be using to kick off the process. (We don't have CRM integration)

Thanks

Matt

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Matt,

If you do not have the CRM Integration, you can do the following:

1. - Create a new form where the Sales Rep will update the email ID. On submit, you will have to create a non-cookied Thanks LP. This is to ensure that the MKTO cookie is not created for the email in the browser of the Sales Rep. Place the form on the LP and test it.
  2. - Create a smart campaign where the trigger is form filled, and select the form that you created.
  3. - In the flow of the smart campaign, use 'Change Data Value', and select True.
    mk1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Alok,

When you refer to email id, do you mean the lead id?

Thanks

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

No Matt. The Sales Rep will have to fill in the email ID of the lead in the form, which has to be added to Marketing Suspended list.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

he means email ID = email address

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I cant seem to get it to work, its not changing the data value.

1. One quick question, will this process work as off an alert?

2. If that isint the issue im sure it has something do do with the cookies, although on the form I have set it to no index no follow?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matthew,

I think your sales rep (or currently you for testing) are looking to 'suspend' several leads one by one 'on the same machine' possibly in 'the same browser'. And your experience is most likely due to the cookie.

Most likely, Marketo is treating the repeated submissions (for different email addresses) from the same machine as done by a 'same lead' over and over. And possibly your smart campaign is set to 'contact goes through only once'. That means subsequent submissions are not triggering this smart campaign.

You might want to check if this is the situation. You might be overwriting the email addresses of leads on to each other.

There are ways where you can set the Marketo form to ignore cookies, accept query strings etc. You will need to tweak the form to ignore cookie there. No Index, No Follow etc is NOT related with cookies. Those are for 'web crawlers' like Google etc to not index your form.

Following link can shade some light. But you will have to do more testing.

Disable Prefill for a Form Field - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Hope this helps

Rajesh Talele

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

I have created a program that allows SFDC users to suspend leads from receiving marketing emails for 30 or 90 days, and get a 5 day warning when that lead is about to be taken off the suspend.

If you'd like more details on that, let me know and I can write up a how-to.