Posted for Susan Hubbart: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Marketing (Demand Generation)
San Francisco, CA
In today’s world of big data and short product lifecycles, businesses need fast insight. Our client’s optimized respondent recruitment enables researchers to confidently deliver analysis from a representative sample…and do it quickly. That’s why much of the political polling is powered by their platform and they’re the market leader in voice-based research automation.
Our client’s solutions optimize survey call centers full of interviewers as well as automated survey interviewing via interactive phone systems. Our client partners with online survey vendors to create multi-channel studies. Underlying all this is their advanced respondent targeting that helps researchers connect with the right people in the shortest time.
Our client is a growing start-up and seeking a Director of Marketing who will lead all of the Company’s marketing activities (hands on) and be responsible for the marketing plan and annual budget. Reporting to the CEO, the Director will be tasked to maximize return on investment for marketing campaigns and to develop metrics to measure success along the way. The Director will actively participate as a key member of the senior management team in company planning and strategy setting. The primary focus of this role is demand generation and then all other marketing functions.
- Drive a comprehensive demand generation strategy that includes plans for the Enterprise and University market segments.
- Acquire leads for new business and nurture prospects to fill the pipeline to support sales goals. Implement demand generation and lead nurturing campaigns
- Analyze all stages of the demand creation process to identify areas of improvement. Measure and improve ROI by campaign to drive investment decisions.
- Continually assess and optimize effectiveness of messaging, ads, web/landing pages, content, keywords, and social for healthy conversion and quality leads
- Leverage HubSpot and our CRM to measure, track and analyze marketing programs and performance.
- Ensure all lead scoring and nurture programs are constantly monitored and optimized.
- Negotiate with vendors and manage the marketing campaign budget
Marketing Communication specific
- Develop thought leadership content, including white papers, blogs, and webinars, and annual user conference
- Enhance the Company’s brand and increase brand awareness through thought leadership, social media, advertising, videos and other methods
- Develop new marketing content to fuel both inbound inquiries and multi-channel (web, social, paid media, SEM, webinar, etc.) digital campaigns
- Generate leads through marketing and track follow-through of leads
- Enhance Company’s public website to drive traffic, generate leads and increase repeat visitors
- Define Company’s user conference and trade show strategy and execute on that plan
- Identify conferences and speaking opportunities for lead generation and manage a marketing calendar for all B2B marketing initiatives including campaigns and events.
Social Media Marketing specific
- Develop and execute a social media plan that complements the other marketing efforts
- Monitor, measure and identify areas of opportunity to improve
General Marketing specific
- Provide input into product pricing, positioning and packaging
- Help build marketing materials to support all stages of a Company product sale
- Develop a partner marketing plan through collaboration with partners and sales
- Develop and improve marketing collateral, presentations, materials, and tools for direct and partner sales forces
- Evaluate website performance and implement improvements to improve conversion rates
- Define conference, association, events and awards strategy and implement
- Help develop the analyst relations strategy and manage relationships with analysts
- Define the PR strategy and manage media relations
What Success Looks Like
- Increase marketing-driven revenue
- Accelerate new partner sales and maintain momentum with co-selling partners
- Create a robust library of content to drive blogs and nurture campaigns
- Measure the ROI of all marketing efforts
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of marketing experience, with 4+ years of experience in B2B software marketing
- Solid understanding of demand generation, digital media, social media and technology
- Experience with at least one major marketing automation solution, preferably HubSpot
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience working in a small start-up environment
- High energy and passion for working in technology-centric companies
- Familiarity with CRM solutions
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred