3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 11:44 AM by d07f00037c470975b804d9809eaa520f740ffc6d

Webinar offered at 2 different times - any way to vary the iCal token in the confirmation email?

I have a client who usually runs each live webinar at 2 different times/dates so that their invitees can choose which time/date slot is most convenient. E.g., 8am PST Wed and 12pm PST Thurs. I recently figured out how to simplify the setup in Marketo so that we don't have to have separate LPs for each time/date and a duplicate series of confirmation and reminder emails and send campaigns for each date/time. Instead I created a field for Date/Time Choice and use a token with that field in the confirmation & reminder emails. We still need 2 separate webinar programs to link to the event provider but there's nothing in those programs other than the Registration campaign. Everything else (invitations, confirmation and reminders) is in a "shared" folder outside the 2 webinar programs. Yay! So much simpler!

Where I'm stumped is what to do about the "Add to Calendar" link in the confirmation emails. Previously we used an iCal token but I have no way to say use iCal token A if Date/Time field value is X; use iCal Token B if Date/Time field value is Y. (Unless I created a Date/Time segmentation and then offered a different iCal token with dynamic content - but I don't think it makes sense to use Segmentations for temporary groupings like date/time choice for attending a particular event - and am not sure it would work anyway since Segments aren't populated instantaneously).

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could, effectively, offer and "Add to Calendar" in an email that varied depending upon the field value of Date/Time Choice?

Or, as I suspect, am I stuck between leaving the "Add to Calendar" out of the confirmation emails or going back to having a duplicate set for each date/time choice?