SOLVED

GoToWebinar Confirmation Email Issue

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

GoToWebinar Confirmation Email Issue

I was helping a client run their Confirmation emails through Marketo only to just discover the new GTW interface left out the ability to disable GTW Confirmation Emails.

So now 2 emails will be sent, 1 from Marketo and 1 from GTW.

Here's what GTW Support said:

Brian P. (14:42:22):
Thanks for waiting Josh. Unfortunately, that feature is not currently available. You can disable the reminder emails, but we require the initial confirmation email be sent out.

Can anyone else confirm this or know of a workaround? This seems especially odd from both GTW and Marketo's perspective.

Cheryl, can you speak to GTW about this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GoToWebinar Confirmation Email Issue

In the past, we included an "Add to your Outlook Calendar" link (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/synchOutlook?wid={{my.Event Number}}&uid={{member.registration code}}) on the email confirmation we sent after the lead registered via a Marketo form. 

The Event Number My Token uses the event number that we obtained from GTW, and the {{member.registration code}} token uses the registration code value set by the GTW adapter.  I hope their changes didn't break this!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to turn reminder emails off inside GoToWebinar. All you have to do is view your webinar in "My Webinars" in GTW and in the dropdown box called "Change Session Settings" there's an email notifications option.

In there, you have the ability to check off which emails you want to send out or turn off.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that exact issue, and I've been told there's nothing that can be done. GTW used to allow you to turn off the confirmation email but took away that ability in the last few months. No reason was given, so now all customers who use GTW are forced to have the poorly branded email confirmation dispatch from GTW alongside their Marketo email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily,

Where are you seeing this? In the application or on the website? There *used* to be a setting like that before they changed the interface last month, but like Diana, I can no longer see it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've logged in to my account on GTW (on the website). I initially shut my confirmation notifications off until I realized I couldn't provide an "Add to Outlook" button/link through Marketo and that's a vital piece of the program so I've turned the GTW confirmations back on.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, ICS files are a manual process in Marketo right now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the past, we included an "Add to your Outlook Calendar" link (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/synchOutlook?wid={{my.Event Number}}&uid={{member.registration code}}) on the email confirmation we sent after the lead registered via a Marketo form. 

The Event Number My Token uses the event number that we obtained from GTW, and the {{member.registration code}} token uses the registration code value set by the GTW adapter.  I hope their changes didn't break this!
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that works, then you're a genius Elliott!!! Thank you! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

...even if it doesn't, you're still a genius!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,
Is there any way for someone at Marketo to confirm if Elliott's link and tokens will work? I've seen a bunch of people asking for this functionality to be added so I bet it would make a lot of people happy!

Em