Everything about the Engagement Module / Nurturing Tracks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything about the Engagement Module / Nurturing Tracks

Well exciting. We can now start creating awesome drip nurturing campaigns without needing complex traffic cops guarding our streams.

How are you going to do it? Do you currently do nurturing? Are you going to switch over to the new module or wait for a bit?

Are you going to make new emails within the nurture program? Or are you going to pull in emails from other programs?

What are your thoughts?
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Everything about the Engagement Module / Nurturing Tracks

Hi Adam, I'm going to try and set up our existing nurture email programs in the Engagement Module first and will likely just pull in those emails from the existing programs.  I'm hoping that the webinars next week will be helpful in understanding the full capabilities and if there are any tips to working around some of the quirks.  I'm wondering how this can be used to help prevent someone from getting too many emails.  For example, we recently had some of our customers get their automated new user learning email, a new release announcement email, and a customer conference invitation email all on the same day :0(
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's unfortunate that you had that triple email day. Makes you feel meek.

I think that it will be interesting to see how pricing shakes out on the advanced features that will prevent that from happening.

I'm thinking that we'll have one or two programs per language intially. What i'd like to see is everyone continue to make their programs as they always had. But instead of scheduling that first invite as a batch blast, make it the first email in the nurture track. That way it slips out over the course of a week rather than all at once. I think it'd help with deliverability spikes we see.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I definitely want to use the Engagement Module, but we're still waiting for our request to be approved.  But I do want to use some of the email campaigns that we have in our lead nurture campaigns.  Elliott helped me set up a few of those complicated ones. Just like Elliott,  we too send a lot of emails to our customers, but then I always have to remind myself that they did pay to receive them and for the newsletter and other announcements they are 100% opted-in. But then our events' departments prmotional emails, that might suffer a little because they'll hae the lowest priority of emails.  So I hope that the new module will help me prioritize some of the emails that our customers get.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luckily for us, we're diving into lead nurturing as we speak, so this will be a good opportunity to work with the new engagement streams. We'll probably start with a couple nurture tracks (new prospects & recycled prospects) and go from there. I'm digging the functionality to be able to insert higher priority, time-bound emails for things like webinars or live events as we do a lot of those and always have the same discussion around timing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What statuses will you chose for your nurturing channel? I want something more granular than member & engaged, but I don't really know what's best to do.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be a silly question - I'm looking at my engagement dashboard using myself as a test lead (opened and clicked the nurture emails for testing), but unable to see any engagment stats in my dashboard. Will I need to create a separate smart campain to define progression status (ex: if clicked on emails then change progression status to the status that I defined in my nurturing channel?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use the following program status values in our nurture email channel.
  • Sent
  • Opened
  • Clicked
  • Converted (to an Opp)
  • Unsubscribed
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I'm struggling with in using these "email blast" linear stages is that I'm going to send out 20 emails in a single nurture campaign. Sure they opened 1 of the emails or clicked in one, but that tells you nothing about their engagement over time. I'm considering to do Open 1, Click 1, Open 3, Click 3, Open 5, Click 5, Open 10, Click 10. Perhaps skipping 3 & adding 20. 

Does engagement over time not matter? Or are you measuring that concept in a different way?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got so lucky with this engagement module. I had been researching and looking into all of the fun that is the traffic cop method and held off on setting it up after hearing about this. Thank goodness I waited!

I'm interested in what you were suggesting, Adam, with running event invites through this. Right now my company does all our events separately and I hadn't even thought of using nurturing for it. How would you accomplish this? We use the specific channels for roadshow/tradeshow/webinar, so I'm really interested in your thought process!

I agree that something more granular is needed for progression statuses too. Seeing your models, Elliott and Adam, is really helpful!