Emails sent from the Outlook Add in Not Tracked in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails sent from the Outlook Add in Not Tracked in SFDC

Our sales reps use the Outlook Add In to track emails in salesforce and some of the emails are not getting tracked.  Under the activity section in salesforce we see the activity "Was Sent Sales Email..." but when you click on that task, the link to the email is not included.

In the comments field it usually says something like this:
From: John Smith jsmith@test.com. Click https://na7.salesforce.com/12ZZ1111119aMKtEST for email details.

But in these cases the comments read:
From: John Smith jsmith@test.com. [Email details are being uploaded from Marketo...please check back later]

And the link is never updated in SFDC, even a week later. Our API calls have not been exceeded. Most of our sales emails are tracked, we haven't seen any obvious relationship between the ones that aren't showing up. It seems to be random right now. The updated Marketo plugin is being used and we only noticed this last week. It may have been occurring beforehand.

I've seen a couple other discussions posted around this same topic around March/April, but neither had responses that shed light on why this was occurring and how to solve it.  If you know what we can do to prevent this, please comment. Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emails sent from the Outlook Add in Not Tracked in SFDC

I would contact support for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've had this occuring since last summer.  I recently opened a case with Marketo text support and they indicated that there are invalid XML characters in the email that are preventing the email from being "uploaded" (actually creating a new SFDC email template).  I'm still working with them on this and will try to update this post if there is any additional info.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did find that the Outlook email signature on at least one of our reps who had a lot of these emails that wouldn't upload to SFDC was full of extraneous HTML.  I had them replace their email signature with a new one with minimal HTML. I will monitor and repost if that didn't help resolve at least the problem with her.  However there are other sales reps having the problem, but their email signatures appear to be fine.