Re: Wrong encoding

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong encoding

HI marketo Community,

I am trying to use my mms application service with the help of marketo webhook. in the marketo webhook, i am selecting the encoding type as 'NONE'. But when the actual request comes to my server, it shows content-type as 'x-www-form-urlencoded'.  as result of that , my application service is rejecting the request.

Pls let me know what option i should select  in marketo webhook, so that i get content type as 'text/plain;charset=UTF-8' at my server.

Best Regards

Infinite Convergence.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Brigid_Greenwa2
Level 4

Hi Meghdeep-
I believe that you have to select either JSON or Form/URL as your request token encoding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Brigid,

Thanks for responding.

Actually, our application requires to receive it in plain text format from external application (marketo). So, in marketo, we set the parameter "Request Token Encoding" of WebHook to indicate "None". Our expecation was that the Marketo would send the content type as 'text/plain;charset=UTF-8' as a result of that. But Marketo is sending  Content Type as ''x-www-form-urlencoded', even if we set the "Request Token Encoding" parameter of WebHook as "None". As a result of that my application is not able to parse the request.

Do you have any solution to my problem ?

Thanks,
Meghdeep
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

There is an issue in the way the Marketo packs the MIME. It does not append the '\r' in the message. It should be \r\n instead of \n.

​Can any one please confirm if this is a limitation at Marketo ? If so, then when Marketo would provide a patch for this ?

Thanks,
Meghdeep