SOLVED

Wordpress - Marketo (pages not appearing in 'Visits Web Page' dropdown)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wordpress - Marketo (pages not appearing in 'Visits Web Page' dropdown)

Hi,

We're using Wordpress, and I'm trying to create email alerts when known leads visit certain pages. When I select the "Visits Web Page" filter object, none of my live pages appears. Oddly enough, all of my staging and dev pages appear. My dev team can't figure out what settings are or aren't enabled that's causing this.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Wordpress - Marketo (pages not appearing in 'Visits Web Page' dropdown)

Have you tried autocompleting?  The list is probably just being truncated as W is close to last alphabetically.  Try typing www in the select box and I'll be the URL is available just not there in the broadest search with no input.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please provide the URL on which Munchkin appears to not be logging page visits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

my site url is www.trifacta.com. I'm looking at this compared to my staging site, and "munchkin" appears on both source pages 6 times. But the staging site shows up and the live site doesn't. thanks!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

The code is working fine and firing the visit.  Can you check again that this URL doesn't show up in Visited Web Page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny,

I checked and it still doesn't appear in the list. Does Marketo just keep the page that this first appears at and assume there's no difference in staging and production, or should the production URL definitely appear?

thanks!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Have you tried autocompleting?  The list is probably just being truncated as W is close to last alphabetically.  Try typing www in the select box and I'll be the URL is available just not there in the broadest search with no input.

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, i feel pretty stupid, a whole bunch of other URLs show up and they're in there. There's also alot of junk/spam that I wonder how they got in as well.

SanfordWhiteman

What do you mean by "spam"?

SanfordWhiteman

Shinn, like Kenny said it's easy to see the Munchkin hit is being registered -- look in your browser's Network tab when you load the page. But perhaps it's using an outdated Munchkin ID? 172-KJH-591 is what's configured.

Also note you're using a slightly older Munchkin version, likely because the WP plugin is out-of-date. This is why I hate plugins.  I'd go straight to Marketo and get the embed code.  Either way, the question is what's different between staging and prod, and if it's the same Munchkin version that's not the problem.