SOLVED

Re: Women's History Contest Week 3: Nominate a female

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Women's History Contest Week 3: Nominate a female

This week's challenge is about nominating woman in your organization who you think is making history.

This week March 21 - March 25 nominate a woman in YOUR organization who you think is making history by commenting in this post. She could be paving the way for other women to be successful, showing strong leadership across the organization, or producing stellar results and killing it in their job! Or maybe she is also making a difference in the community. Whatever the reason, nominate and let the Nation decide the winner.

Note, there are two winners for this challenge. The person who writes the nomination AND the person nominated will each receive a $50 gift card!

Nominate by commenting in this thread by 5pm PT this Friday 3/25 and whatever post gets the most likes will win a $50 amazon gift card (note, the author and the nominated female each get $50 gift cards!).

To view next week's challenge or previous week's winners, view  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouida_Linkous
Level 2

I would like to nominate our Director or Marketing Ops, Naomi Marr.  She transitioned our company from an older system to Marketo in just 4 weeks. She oversaw, and participated, in the conversion of over 700 landing pages, 1,089 campaigns, and 714 forms. 

In the last year on Marketo, she's built a team of power users, given power and responsibility to the demand gen team so they can be more self-sufficient, and enhanced the way we all use the system.  She's built a global team that works together to use the system as one.

Most recently Naomi went to bat for our team and got permission to bring all of us to Summit 2016.  We've never met in person as a team.  This will be a chance for our team to spend quality time together learning more about the platform and bringing back ideas for 2016 and beyond. 

She's done all of this while still being a super mom to two really busy kids.  She's a daily beacon of what a work life balance looks like.  She's implemented and streamlined to get things scheduled in advance so we aren't all reacting to "emergencies".   She's an example of how to be an amazing marketer, and still feed a group of hungry high school soccer players.

#WHM2016

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to nominate our Senior VP of Global Marketing, Fiona Nolan.  Fiona believes in marketing by facts and she strongly supports our marketing automation team.  Fiona has led our department through a recent global acquisition and has been an inspiration through her leadership and her team building.

#WHM2016

Ouida_Linkous
Level 2

I would like to nominate our Director or Marketing Ops, Naomi Marr.  She transitioned our company from an older system to Marketo in just 4 weeks. She oversaw, and participated, in the conversion of over 700 landing pages, 1,089 campaigns, and 714 forms. 

In the last year on Marketo, she's built a team of power users, given power and responsibility to the demand gen team so they can be more self-sufficient, and enhanced the way we all use the system.  She's built a global team that works together to use the system as one.

Most recently Naomi went to bat for our team and got permission to bring all of us to Summit 2016.  We've never met in person as a team.  This will be a chance for our team to spend quality time together learning more about the platform and bringing back ideas for 2016 and beyond. 

She's done all of this while still being a super mom to two really busy kids.  She's a daily beacon of what a work life balance looks like.  She's implemented and streamlined to get things scheduled in advance so we aren't all reacting to "emergencies".   She's an example of how to be an amazing marketer, and still feed a group of hungry high school soccer players.

#WHM2016

Colin_Campbel
Level 2

Naomi has been amazing to our team. Ouida has summed up a lot of what she does for us. She always has a solution for our issues. Her calm demeanor helps us get through the constant emergencies that occur on a regular basis. We are thrilled to attend the Marketo Summit and to all meet in person for the first time!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I echo Ouida and Colin. Naomi shows strong leadership across the organization. She is very hands-on and supportive of the team. We appreciate everything she does and she deserves to be honored for her hard work, dedication and positive impact.

I chime in with Ouida, Colin and Carlos. With Naomi's leadership and comprehensive vision, our system has been built up in just one year and its availability keeps increasing. She is also a great mentor. After the system migration to Marketo last year,  she took me to the point where I can focus with confidence on my tasks, though I was new to Marketo.

Jas_Kaur
Level 2

I would also like to support my team's nomination for Naomi. She is a great manager to work with and is constantly looking at new Marketo projects for us to get involved to enhance the way we work within marketing at Avid. I sometimes don't know how she manages so many different things, but she really has helped to create a truly remarkable Marketo platform and a super marketing operations team!

It would be great to have her leadership and strong work ethic rewarded...and as you can see she has a very happy team!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am nominating our RFP Coordinator, Rachelle Yeingst. She started in this company as a Logistics Coordinator, trained me how to be really great there, and has since been promoted herself.

• First of all, she joined the Marines out of high school. She spent a year in Afghanistan, and she made changes to their processes that saved the military something in the ballpark of 100k per month in costs.
  • She is a mom, which to me is mind-boggling. She keeps a 3 year old alive, fed, clean, and happy, which I struggle to do for a cat.
  • She is one of the most diligent worker I know. When we worked together as Logistics Coordinators, she consistently put the customer first, was a top performer, and put in long hours to ensure that things ran smoothly.
  • She goes to school full time, earning her Bachelor's and then Master's, while being the diligent worker that she is.
  • And somehow she puts up with me, too. Again...I'm not sure how she manages.

She is not in marketing, but when I think of strong, inspirational women, she is always top of mind.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I think it's pretty clear that Naomi Marr​'s team totally respects her and thinks that she is the greatest thing since sliced bread!! While I love people within my own organization, I want to nominate Naomi as well! It sounds like she's done a tremendous job of building an international team and she is rocking it! It sounds like she is doing what I strive to do, another reason for my nomination of her.

(I definitely broke the rules.. but think it's cool in this situation.)

Ouida_Linkous
Level 2

Thanks Dory!  We don't take her for granted.  We are grateful to have her!