Re: Wistia Integration Not Working?

David_Goldstein
Level 1

Wistia Integration Not Working?

I have a question about how to get the filters to show up correctly.

We recently added two videos through Wistia, and now when trying to create new smart lists in Marketo, the options for 25%,50%,75% and 100% watched haven't shown up. I have watched a full length and stopped at half way as well. (According the documentation it appears when a known user performs the action)

pastedImage_0.png

Anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You would have to provide a lot more information about your setup: for example, the REST API user that you've allocated needs to be able to create Custom Activities, and you have to separately prove that the Munchkin session is associated with a known lead in your Marketo database.

If you believe the API connection is itself functional, then you should talk to Wistia and ask them if they've been posting data.

IMO there's little to be gained from such indirect integrations as you can do the same thing with the JS API + Munchkin API, though without such friendly Custom Activity text (though much, much more scalable).

David_Goldstein
Level 1

Sanford,

Thanks for the reply. The API was setup prior to my arrival here, and we have 9 previous videos that worked correctly. I used inspect element to ensure Munchkin was calling back without errors when I did my testing.

I will reach out to Wistia support to see if they can help.

Thank you very much!

Anna_Fuerstena4
Level 2

Hi David,

I'm having the same issue. Any luck figuring it out?

David_Goldstein
Level 1

Hello Anna,

Unfortunately no, we are still having the same issue here.