Re: Will Token Lead Scores "score" progressively?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Token Lead Scores "score" progressively?

Hi,
I have recently moved over to using the Marketo Tokens for lead scoring.  Thing is, it seems that this removes the progressive scoring I was familiar with and expecting from the Marketo Tokens.

So, my question is: are lead scores progressive when using Maketo Tokens?

If yes, then I am doing something wrong!

Thanks,
Kerry

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your issue that your lead scores are being overwritten? If that's what's going on, then you probably haven't defined a positive or negative parameter for your tokens. For example, if your lead score tokens are values lile "10", "20", "30", etc., then any flow steps would just overwrite the score with that value. Instead, make your tokens with values like "+10", "-20", "+30", etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - yes, I have the "+" and the "-".
Are you under the impression that the Marketo Tokens maintain a progressive lead score based on the steps?
I am just seeing the score jump to whatever status is identified.  For example, if uploading leads with attended status with the following points and steps:
Registered (5 points) - Step 10 then Attended (15 points) - Step 20 should equal 25 points but we are only getting 15 points.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, and your flow step is Change Score, not Change Data Value, correct? Also, you're uploading them and then moving them into statuses, is that right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, flow step is change score & we are uploading them then setting the status.

I think I am just missing some piece of the overall logic that is right in front of my face!  The way I see it is: when I was doing lead scoring without tokens, the system would score any and points in the steps up to the final status indicated, automatically.  Now, with tokens, I need to call out each step to ensure it gets scored.

I am getting the impression that the steps in the channel tags do not influence the lead score unless there is a specific smart campaign set up to ensure those steps are accounted and scored per the below response from another person:

The flow steps in the channel tags are not tied to lead score. The scoring campaigns work the same, whether you use absolute values or tokens. If you would like to score for both registrations and attendance then you need 2 campaigns to do that – 
1.      Change in program status to registered – change score by +20 or use a token for the same value
2.      Change in program status to attended – change score by +30 or use token for the same value
You need to have both these campaigns activated. Then, when a lead moves to ‘registered’ it will be scored 20 points, and when it progresses to ‘attended’ it will be score +30 taking the total to 50 points
If you directly import a list of leads at ‘attended’ then only one campaign will be triggered and the leads will get a score of +30. They will not  be scored +20 because they were never set to a program status of ‘registered’ and the first campaign was never triggered.

If you are importing a list of leads directly after the event and did not have a program that tracked registrations, then you would have to create a program, import them at a status of registered and then change their status to attended to score them for both steps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I think that response is accurate. If you were uploading the records and wanted to score them for each step, you'd definitely have to move them through each status. The other option is to have a single trigger campaign that scores records for the total value of registering + attending. I typically just use a single value for registering, then a negative value for no-shows, so the attendees end up with the appropriate value for actually attending the event.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Drew. Sounds like a good way to set this up.

Appreciate your input on this!!