Will the upcoming SFDC Multifactor Authentication requirement affect Marketo integration?

DeniseGreenberg
Level 4

Will the upcoming SFDC Multifactor Authentication requirement affect Marketo integration?

SFDC is going to require Multifactor Authentication starting in Feb 2022. Will this have any effect on the Marketo sync user's ability to login to SFDC? I found this comment when Googling but I'm not sure if Marketo uses the REST or SOAP API to integrate with SFDC.

DeniseGreenberg_0-1639783904729.png

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Will the upcoming SFDC Multifactor Authentication requirement affect Marketo integration?

Don't worry, it's unaffected.

The fact that server-to-server connections can't realistically use MFA (unless you count client certs but that's a different story) is why you need to keep API user passwords super-secret.
EllenSchwier
Level 4

Re: Will the upcoming SFDC Multifactor Authentication requirement affect Marketo integration?

Hi Sandy,

Just because I am curious about this topic, can you explain a bit more why it will be unaffected? I understand the sync is server to server, but the initial log in to establish an integration will require logging in with a user that needs to authenticate themselves, correct?

Always happy to learn more from you!